Home

Effects of Quieting/"pumping-up" the crowd?

This is a discussion on Effects of Quieting/"pumping-up" the crowd? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Effects of Quieting/"pumping-up" the crowd?

Does anyone know what the effect of quieting down the crowd, or pumping up the crowd actually does, in Madden 12?

I remember in the past, if you pumped up the crowd while on defense, and the offense called an audible, sometimes the receiver wouldn't hear, and would run the wrong route.

Anyone know if this is still in M12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Effects of Quieting/"pumping-up" the crowd?

As far as I know, it does nothing and is just for ****s and giggles.

I still do it constantly anyways, cuz well, I like it, even if it does nada.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

In a word: NOTHING.

That's the NCAA team that thought the game should reflect a homefield advantage. And speaking of receivers running the wrong route, anyone remember when you could use a hard count to draw a defender off sides?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
In a word: NOTHING.

That's the NCAA team that thought the game should reflect a homefield advantage. And speaking of receivers running the wrong route, anyone remember when you could use a hard count to draw a defender off sides?

YES. I was wondering if I was the only one having this issue in Madden 12, since I haven't seen anyone else bring it up. Using a hard count only seems to make my offensive linemen false start, no matter what settings I have the penalty sliders at for false start and offsides. Has anyone been able to make the cpu jump offsides?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
YES. I was wondering if I was the only one having this issue in Madden 12, since I haven't seen anyone else bring it up. Using a hard count only seems to make my offensive linemen false start, no matter what settings I have the penalty sliders at for false start and offsides. Has anyone been able to make the cpu jump offsides?
It's been this way for a while now. Madden 11 was the same. Can't remember Madden 10, but Madden 09 was the last time I can remember using my hard count as a weapon, but even that was overpowered when the game initially came out. I could get the defensive line to jump 6 or 7 times in a row and move down the field without doing anything.

The lack of offsides seems to coincide with the removal of the jump the snap feature, which is about the only thing I've seen in the past few years that made a standard rush execute at a potent level. But even that was a band aide for the lack of ideal defensive line interactions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
I have a couple times and this is with the offsides slider up at 85. CPU got Johnson to jump a couple times as well.

It doesn't happen nearly enough.

Speaking of which, does the hard count do anything else other than trying to cause encroachment? Does it slow down the "get off" by the linemen or something?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Call me stupid if you may, but how do you perform this on xbox?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #8
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
Call me stupid if you may, but how do you perform this on xbox?
Before the snap, press on the right stick the way you would a face button. Don't move the stick up or down. Just press down, and it'll click.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »