Home

Missed challenge calls

This is a discussion on Missed challenge calls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Missed challenge calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
I was playing a game just now and it was less than 2 minutes to play in 2nd quarter (obviously booth reviews are here)
So cpu throws the ball into the endzone and intended WR goes for a ground catch (rolls on the ground trying to catch the ball) i tip the pass , it hits the ground and goes straight into the hands of receiver who is rolling on the ground . It was called as a touchdown , booth reviews it and it still a touchdown . So yeah .
I had something very similar to this... I was playing the Packers, Jordy Nelson comes across the middle, Rodgers throws it to him, Nelson goes into the one hand catch animation, the ball hits his hand, my defender hits Nelson from behind, the ball falls onto the ground and magically warps back up into Nelson's hands. First down, Packers??? I challenge the play.... yeah... still first down. So I check out the manual instant replay... the ball not only hit the ground, the ball was like warped 1/4 of the way INTO the turf. Yeah, I'd say that touched the ground. But hey, if it's in the game, EA will find a way to screw it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiddy
Yea I notice that with madden it's like they have to take out a feature to add a new one where most sports games build on what's already working by making it better or smoother (2k, the show). I honestly think madden just starts from scratch every year and that's why they can't put out a polished game as opposed to a game full of a whole new set of issues year after year and missing the things people liked from years past
Good call,
Old 10-15-2011, 02:48 AM   #27
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
Can't challenge incomplete pass vs. fumble.

Play stands after automatic booth review overturns call.
it's been that way since madden brought in Challenges for 360 & PS3. Horrible
Old 10-15-2011, 07:03 AM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Just saw my first horrible call. My WR had 3 feet in bounds and I was shocked when they ruled it a non catch. I challenge and they upheld it. I couldn't believe it.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

This feels like an appropriate topic to bring it up in, but you can cheat the CPU team out of challenges. Say the refs blow a call when the WR is down when the balls pops out and you recover it, if you wait for a delay of game penalty before calling a play the CPU doesn't get a chance to challenge the play.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #30
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
It's the Challenge System that is screwed up. When you go to challenge it challenges random things, it doesn't let you choose what to Challenge and for some reason EA hasn't coded things right to match the challenge system to what's happening on the field. Your example is perfect, you go to challenge the fumble yet EA doesn't code it properly to recognize that the fumble just happened and thus why it's not challenging the fumble.

I hope EA fixes the Challenge System for Madden 13, this is really a game killer as either people are robbed out of victories or losses.
It irks me to have to say this, but the challenge system in NFL 2k5 is PERFECT, it gave you a ton of things to choose from for what you want to challenge, so you could always make sure you were challenging the right thing.

Oh, and Challenge Play should be its own section on the Pause Menu, it should not be under Coaching Options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »