Home

Main things I have noticed

This is a discussion on Main things I have noticed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation Main things I have noticed

Ok so i think 12 is a improvement on 11 but thats kind of the point of a yearly release so im not going to pat EA on the back for that but anyways here are some things I have noticed that really take out the realism in my eyes

all of my problems with madden are when I play the AI Please let me know if you have experienced theese things I play on all-pro but it seems like im playing on all time best ever cheating mode. im good enough to play all pro but its not competitive any more its just cheating

1. Every time I throw to a wide open man the computer beats him to the ball out of no where its as if the ai knows what reciever each button is and as soon as that button is pressed they all flock to that wide receiver.

This is one of the most lame cheating things ever. I have literally thrown it to a wide open man and when the ball gets close hes already triple covered i even go to replays to see what happened and as soon as the ball leaves the qbs hand the defenders all head towards the wide receiver that i threw it to at the same exact time its ridiculously unrealistic.

I mean for all they know thats not even who its going to yet but thats the thing they do i think they respond to the button you press instead of having good coverage gameplay

2. if the game is close madden will injure my players causing injury timeouts to stop the clock (this bothers me so much its just a lame way for the ai to be competitive) actually injuries overall need to be toned down there's literally like an injury like every other play

3. every time the ball is thrown against my team if i dont switch to the cb or lb fast enough they will stand in a defensive baketball type stance(crouched arms wide out) while the ball drills them in the helmet

4. Every time i get a big return right before i get to the endzone its either holding or clipping is called i even turned them way down still no change its always called. im not even going to talk about pass interference because at this point it doesn't exist

5. every time I pass the ball if the wide receiver even gets tapped slightly hes dropping the ball even when im playing with an elite WR. which if you read #1 its hard to get the ball to the receiver in the first place

6. everytime im in open field running with Adrian Peterson some slow fat player will come out of nowhere and tackle him I have the dispostion on 0 for the most realistic display of speed levels according to madden and this still happens

7. relates to #6 if the role is reversed i have had my fastest cbs fs ss ect not being able to catch up to slow FBs

I love tight games Sometimes i have more fun losing but this year when I lose its because im getting cheated the thing that really kills me is the injury timeouts called in favor of the ai if they score fairly then fine but now whrn they score i have no timeouts to drive down the feild and its impossible to throw a deep ball due to # 1 all I want to know is why? Why cant it just be competitive instead of cheating does EA get their jollies creating these lame cheats like the injury timeout problem. I loved 12 the first game I played because I didnt notice how the ai cheats to win.

Right now im so frustrated with the cpu cheating that I really dont have any interest to even play my franchise anymore.

Last edited by scarface107; 10-11-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface107
Ok so i think 12 is a improvement on 11 but thats kind of the point of a yearly release so im not going to pat EA on the back for that but anyways here are some things I have noticed that really take out the realism in my eyes

all of my problems with madden are when I play the AI Please let me know if you have experienced theese things I play on all-pro but it seems like im playing on all time best ever cheating mode. im good enough to play all pro but its not competitive any more its just cheating

1. Every time I throw to a wide open man the computer beats him to the ball out of no where its as if the ai knows what reciever each button is and as soon as that button is pressed they all flock to that wide receiver.

This is one of the most lame cheating things ever. I have literally thrown it to a wide open man and when the ball gets close hes already triple covered i even go to replays to see what happened and as soon as the ball leaves the qbs hand the defenders all head towards the wide receiver that i threw it to at the same exact time its ridiculously unrealistic.

I mean for all they know thats not even who its going to yet but thats the thing they do i think they respond to the button you press instead of having good coverage gameplay

2. if the game is close madden will injure my players causing injury timeouts to stop the clock (this bothers me so much its just a lame way for the ai to be competitive) actually injuries overall need to be toned down there's literally like an injury like every other play

3. every time the ball is thrown against my team if i dont switch to the cb or lb fast enough they will stand in a defensive baketball type stance(crouched arms wide out) while the ball drills them in the helmet

4. Every time i get a big return right before i get to the endzone its either holding or clipping is called i even turned them way down still no change its always called. im not even going to talk about pass interference because at this point it doesn't exist

5. every time I pass the ball if the wide receiver even gets tapped slightly hes dropping the ball even when im playing with an elite WR. which if you read #1 its hard to get the ball to the receiver in the first place

6. everytime im in open field running with Adrian Peterson some slow fat player will come out of nowhere and tackle him I have the dispostion on 0 for the most realistic display of speed levels according to madden and this still happens

7. relates to #6 if the role is reversed i have had my fastest cbs fs ss ect not being able to catch up to slow FBs

I love tight games Sometimes i have more fun losing but this year when I lose its because im getting cheated the thing that really kills me is the injury timeouts called in favor of the ai if they score fairly then fine but now whrn they score i have no timeouts to drive down the feild and its impossible to throw a deep ball due to # 1 all I want to know is why? Why cant it just be competitive instead of cheating does EA get their jollies creating these lame cheats like the injury timeout problem. I loved 12 the first game I played because I didnt notice how the ai cheats to win.

Right now im so frustrated with the cpu cheating that I really dont have any interest to even play my franchise anymore.
Yea most of these are on point, #2 is actually happening in the NFL (Giants), lol
Syracuse Orange

XB1 GT: H8ter Nation79
Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

Re: Main things I have noticed

and last year people complained because receivers always caught the ball...
the only thing I've seen in my games is the DB's physic coverage.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdiddy
Yea most of these are on point, #2 is actually happening in the NFL (Giants), lol
the other way around on M12 they take away my timeouts so the computer dont have to use theirs though giants did it for the benefit of their teams need as where madden kills the other team with it but ya lol that was pretty funny two guys fallover at the same time.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Aolian_Am's Arena

OVR: 2

1) you are totally wrong on thinking this doesn't happen in the nfl. if defenders are in zone coverage every one of them has there eyes on the qb. as soon as he throws the ball every single person in zone coverage will know exactly who you are throwing to. now in man coverage this will happen also, just not as fast. you have to remember as soon as your player catches the ball, the rest of your offense will start to block for them, the defense knows that the ball is out and in a players hands at that point.

2) i think this is just you also. i find my players get hurt a lot more when i make bad decisions

3)now this doesn't happen to me on all-pro, but as i start tuning down my pass d sliders i will see this start to happen

4) this one is caused mainly by you. your running patterns effect how your blockers move. you are causing this by taking too much of a horizontal cut moving down field, causing your blockers to get bad angles

5) if your getting hit as soon as you catch the ball you should be dropping passes. if you don't have a clean 1/2 second after you catch the ball, it really cuts down your chances of catching a pass, learn to cover the ball to help your chances a little bit, but if your getting hit right when you catch the ball it still not going to help a lot.

6) it's all about angles. there is no way that defensive lineman will get you from behind once you've broken the second level.

7) again all about angles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aolian_Am
1) you are totally wrong on thinking this doesn't happen in the nfl. if defenders are in zone coverage every one of them has there eyes on the qb. as soon as he throws the ball every single person in zone coverage will know exactly who you are throwing to. now in man coverage this will happen also, just not as fast. you have to remember as soon as your player catches the ball, the rest of your offense will start to block for them, the defense knows that the ball is out and in a players hands at that point.

2) i think this is just you also. i find my players get hurt a lot more when i make bad decisions

3)now this doesn't happen to me on all-pro, but as i start tuning down my pass d sliders i will see this start to happen

4) this one is caused mainly by you. your running patterns effect how your blockers move. you are causing this by taking too much of a horizontal cut moving down field, causing your blockers to get bad angles

5) if your getting hit as soon as you catch the ball you should be dropping passes. if you don't have a clean 1/2 second after you catch the ball, it really cuts down your chances of catching a pass, learn to cover the ball to help your chances a little bit, but if your getting hit right when you catch the ball it still not going to help a lot.

6) it's all about angles. there is no way that defensive lineman will get you from behind once you've broken the second level.

7) again all about angles

your right dude this games perfect

#1 when a defender is clearly beat he acts like a magnet as soon as the ball is thrown just getting out of the qbs hand and suctions to the reciever along with like 3 other defenders i have never seen that in the nfl where they arnt even paying attention then all the sudden the ball is thrown and they know exactly where to go to pick it off the second it leaves the qbs hand i dooubt that happens alot otherwise Qbs % in nfl would be about as horrible as they are on here

#2 happens when im on defense btw idk what kind of bad decissions im making should i avoid tackling

#3 sounds like sliders fix alot issues maybe they should have fixed some of these things themselves since i paid 65$ for it and oh ya i forgot its their job and all but your right this is probably all my fault anyway

#4 so when im ten yards from paydirt running strait im taking a bad angle causing a hold no dude face it im running all by myself and the cpu doesnt want me to score im not taking any angles im running strait about ten to 15 yards away from a td when the penalty comes out

#5 uh big time receivers in the nfl dont drop passes very often thats why they are big time receivers ya sometimes it will happen but it happens way to often you want proof look at your qb% rating on a game then compare to real nfl. you think megatron will drop a pass then say hey coach i need a couple seconts to cover the ball everytime they pass it to me or ill just drop them all but i still want you to pay me millions

#6 i dont even know what to say maybe your sliders make the game play a whole lot different but i can upload some video sometime if you need proof

#7ive tried it 100 times ill even let cpu control it since they are supposed to take the perfect angle then ill click on it

look you come in here saying this is all player issues how come everyone playing this has a low QB%

plus how can you say it when your using sliders that kinda might make your game different then mine in which case if your having no problems with your passing game gimme them sliders.

Last edited by scarface107; 10-11-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
Pro

Lol, u got some serious bad luck dude.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Aolian_Am's Arena

OVR: 2

lol, actually i think this game is unplayable against the a.i., it's sad too because i love scouting so much. the problem is that the cpu knows which play your running and will pick a defensive play based on the exact play you picked. the cpu already has chose for you who you are going to throw to, it is up to you to make the correct choice, based on what the cpu has decided. now all this is speculation on my part, but pay attention to the guy with the orange route, idk what that is called, and see how often you can throw it to them, when you normally thought he wasn't going to be open.

also about running the ball, because this comes up alot with vick. people say that they can't run around realistically with him, the problem is there not running around realistically with him. if your talking about getting rundown by d-line, i can't believe your doing stuff correctly, because if you were, it wouldn't be happening. i can run constintly with mathews/tolbert and neither is as fast as peterson.

as you start to get better at this game, and pick up real football smarts, you will start to see that many of your gripes are in fact because of lack of football knowledge.

p.s. the kickoff one sucks. you should be able to cover a kick bad and give up a td, without fear of the holding/clipping penalty

also really want to say i hate the cpu in this game. if you want good football games play on the internet, and the faster you realize all cheese is beat by superior football knowledge, the sooner the real fun begins

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »