Home

Rebuilding the Broncos

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Broncos within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #17
Rookie

Conanbryan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rebuilding the Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xElway7x
Fox doesn't have a system. This is Madden, not real life. Fox's "system" can easily be fixed by using a different playbook. Even then, it's not like virtual Tebow(read:YOU)can't play effectively.Ridiculous.

Use Tebow at QB, as he progresses nicely. Moreno is more than adequate at RB, but the O line sucks. Namely Beadles and Walton. Secondary wise, Goodman sucks and gets beat in man coverage all the time, and Vaughn, Wilhite, Thompson, and Harris are weak. Champ is Champ. If you want a decent RB, look for the Jonathan Dwyer, since the Steelers usually cut him in the first pre season or second. Decent speed, with a 90 truck rating. LBs are solid, but the line is not.
True about the system, I used to play NFL Head Coach so player learning was a big deal for me and its hard to break that thought. I usually let the CPU play against each other and watch, it really is nice to see how the different players play without being controlled. Tebow does run well but Moreno doesn't always hit the holes well being cpu controlled.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #18
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

Moreno's BCV rating is only like 74 or something now.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #19
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

I pretty much stocked up on picks to be honest. I began with getting rid of Orton, traded him to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick. After week 1 i noticed Chris Johnson went down so i dealt Slowshon to the titans for a 3rd and 5th round picks. I even advise getting rid of DJ Williams. Yeah the guy WAS awesome, but after the first year he just tumbles down the rating chart. I think i dealt him to the Packers for either a 3rd or a 4th round pick.

During the offseason i just stockpiled young players and didnt give them signing bounuses, its a cheesy way of seeing their potential and gauging of they are worth your time and patience to develop.

During the draft i somehow managed to get a 79ovr A potential CB in the first, a 77 A ovr MLB/ROLB A potential in the 2nd, and a 70 A ovr HB with 98 speed in the 5th. Dumb luck i guess?
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 10-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #20
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

Nice draft lol. I wanna get a speedster in the backfield so bad. McGahee and Moreno are effective, but unless I luck out or break tackles, they never seem to bust a long one as they are constantly caught from behind. Forget running to the outside with them effectively.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:13 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xElway7x
Nice draft lol. I wanna get a speedster in the backfield so bad. McGahee and Moreno are effective, but unless I luck out or break tackles, they never seem to bust a long one as they are constantly caught from behind. Forget running to the outside with them effectively.
Can't speak for Moreno, but I know that running between the tackles is how McGahee earns his living. He is a power back. Give him the ball on a HB sprint, put a hat on a hat, and let him find the hole and plow thru it for 4-6 yards a carry. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. He is one of my favorite backs

NBA 2K11- Cleavland Cavs 3-0

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS FAN FOR LIFE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
Rookie

Conanbryan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcats55
Can't speak for Moreno, but I know that running between the tackles is how McGahee earns his living. He is a power back. Give him the ball on a HB sprint, put a hat on a hat, and let him find the hole and plow thru it for 4-6 yards a carry. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. He is one of my favorite backs
That is true about McGahee, and trust me when I say I run the crap out of him. But I am worried about him breaking down in the later part of the season and I just don't trust Moreno to hit the holes on his own or stay healthy either.

Another concern about McGahee is the speed if he does break off a good run, he won't outrun many players on the field. One of the Steelers' backs may also make a good 2nd string back for the first season then move into the starting role in the second season.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #23
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conanbryan
That is true about McGahee, and trust me when I say I run the crap out of him. But I am worried about him breaking down in the later part of the season and I just don't trust Moreno to hit the holes on his own or stay healthy either.

Another concern about McGahee is the speed if he does break off a good run, he won't outrun many players on the field. One of the Steelers' backs may also make a good 2nd string back for the first season then move into the starting role in the second season.
Isaac Redman from the Steelers is prolly who ur referrin to.....not the fastest guy in the world but he can run in between the tackles....very underrated imo
Old 10-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #24
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

I actually started McGahee in my first season. He outplayed Moreno during the preseason so I gave him the spot. He doesn't have break away speed but he does shed a lot of tackles. I think the longest run I had with him in the first season was 40 yrds. In the end he had a little over 1000 yrds and 4 TD's. He didn't progress or regress at the end of the season. But I still have him as my starter simply because of how well he played for me.

I find it a little ironic too that Orton lost his job in my franchise to Tebow when I played the Dolphins. (I know Orton lost it last week against the Chargers, but this its pretty close if you ask me.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »