Home

All Pro vs All Madden QB

This is a discussion on All Pro vs All Madden QB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
All Pro vs All Madden QB

I've been playing on All Pro and I still struggle passing the ball, but the CPU does as well. This usually leads to me winning most games because, even though both QBs struggle, I make much smarter decisions than the CPU QB. So we can both throw 3 INTs, but I'll wind up winning because my game management skills are much better. I would like more of a challenge so I upped the CPU QB accuracy to 75. My question is: if the slider is at the same level of 75, will I notice anything in the CPU's decision-making between All Pro and All Madden? I kind of want to move up to All Madden, but I'll probably throw like a thousand interceptions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: All Pro vs All Madden QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
I've been playing on All Pro and I still struggle passing the ball, but the CPU does as well. This usually leads to me winning most games because, even though both QBs struggle, I make much smarter decisions than the CPU QB. So we can both throw 3 INTs, but I'll wind up winning because my game management skills are much better. I would like more of a challenge so I upped the CPU QB accuracy to 75. My question is: if the slider is at the same level of 75, will I notice anything in the CPU's decision-making between All Pro and All Madden? I kind of want to move up to All Madden, but I'll probably throw like a thousand interceptions.
Are you playing on default All-Pro with the USER accuracy at 50? You will definitely get a better decision making CPU QB on All-Madden then you do on All-Pro.. Me and a few guys been debating this on another thread. You just have to find a good balance to suit your style of play on All-Madden(sliders).
Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

If you feel like you are throwing too many interceptions then either make better reads of the defense, or just lower the defense's INT slider.

If you lower it enough, they will still get to the ball but they just won't catch it. You will learn to become better over time (I started at like 30, I am now at 45 and only throwing about 1 per game).
Old 10-15-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
Pro

yankees028's Arena

I play with user at 35 and cpu at 80. I have very good results with that. I have a 74 ovr QB currently so he is up and down but when he has a good game it rly feels like it. Not just like wow I just cheesed play the hell out of the cpu and won 54-7
Old 10-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've been playing with the cpu at 85 and mine at 15. I can't see an improvement in the cpu decisions but what I do see is that they can fit the ball into a tighter spot and make the harder throws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Start with an All-Madden base and tweak it from there. But your total values in any category can not exceed a total value of 75. Otherwise it is not All-Madden.

The cpu QB...in fact the entire CPU team but particularly the CPU QB is much better on All-Madden.

I am a new convert to All-Madden as the game is a joke on All-Pro for me. Since this gen I have played on All-Pro with heavily tweaked sliders a no switch rule,etc etc and thought I was playing more sim.....but the more I played the less fun I was having and I was by the second season crushing the CPU. No fun when I don't hot route a lot or audible etc to compensate for the crappy AI.

Well I have been totally converted to All-Madden custom sliders and now I am playing balls out Madden again. Doing everything I used to last gen in regards to hot routes, switching players (if you don't you will lose each and every game) user catching, user INT, line adjustments, shading....lot's of audibles.

Welcome back Madden football.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
Pro

I've also noticed that on All Madden, the receivers get a ridiculous amount of separation from the defender. I have the speed threshold at 25 and a receiver with the same speed as the defender will always have a lot of separation on All Madden.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
I've also noticed that on All Madden, the receivers get a ridiculous amount of separation from the defender. I have the speed threshold at 25 and a receiver with the same speed as the defender will always have a lot of separation on All Madden.
I don't notice that. I have 2 of the slowest corners on Madden in C.Webster and T.Thomas and they are usually always in position and I have my threshold at 0.. Your DBs or the CPUs DBs might have bad awareness which is causing them to get beat like that..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »