Home

This article from IGN.......

This is a discussion on This article from IGN....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
This article from IGN.......

Here's the link............

http://games.ign.com/articles/119/1198664p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This article from IGN.......

I think everyone would love to see a choice. It only makes things better.

I used to buy Gameday, Madden an 2K back in the day. I have always been a football game junkie.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Pro

Yeah, we know Madden isn't doing much to improve their game because they have no competition. They don't care.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

I miss having choices, but I'm sick of the whole argument, truth be told.

I think the real reason Madden isn't developing as much as people want is because a lot of the financial resources go into paying for the exclusive license which leaves less financial resources to go into developing the game.

I wish other companies had the balls to put out a good football game anyway. Backbreaker sucked. AllPro football was terrible too. Great core gameplay mechanic, but if you want to talk about screwed up sim stats, that game is the worst. Also the game was very dated by the time it came out, and had zero game modes and thus zero replay value. They didn't advance anything much from NFL 2k5 in my opinion.

I think if you make the game with enough customization, a non licensed football game with good enough gameplay and depth of game modes would be able to steal some Madden gamers right now.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
I miss having choices, but I'm sick of the whole argument, truth be told.

I think the real reason Madden isn't developing as much as people want is because a lot of the financial resources go into paying for the exclusive license which leaves less financial resources to go into developing the game.

I wish other companies had the balls to put out a good football game anyway. Backbreaker sucked. AllPro football was terrible too. Great core gameplay mechanic, but if you want to talk about screwed up sim stats, that game is the worst. Also the game was very dated by the time it came out, and had zero game modes and thus zero replay value. They didn't advance anything much from NFL 2k5 in my opinion.

I think if you make the game with enough customization, a non licensed football game with good enough gameplay and depth of game modes would be able to steal some Madden gamers right now
completely agree with this..all it really helps outside of what you said is "edit player"...then you can just make the nfl teams and there you have a great game haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Pro

Oh boy,not another one of these threads......sighs. You're beating a dead horse.....
Old 10-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

They should just drop consoles and release all games on PC. You can already use a PS3 or 360 controller to a PC. There's also no such thing as "limited memory space" on a PC.

It'll never happen, but a man can dream.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
43M
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
completely agree with this..all it really helps outside of what you said is "edit player"...then you can just make the nfl teams and there you have a great game haha
The problem is most Madden fans are casual gamers and kids that dont know alot about football, and the appeal of playing with their favorite teams and players is much more appealing than a non licensed game, regardless of how customizable or good it actually is.

I dont doubt that would take some Madden customers away, but no non licensed NFL game will ever compete with Madden head to head.

Best bet would be to release the game immediately following the NFL season and focus the advertising on something that will be able to draw fans like them in. Still, it wouldnt compete, but may get enough to make EA take notice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »