Home

Expansion Draft Rules & Players

This is a discussion on Expansion Draft Rules & Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0
Post Expansion Draft Rules & Players

• Players that you can draft from
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0
  • Underrated player thread really good for those couple of fill ins you may be seeking
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ed-player.html

Rules for a expansion team

Expansion Draft Rules1. Team may select up to two players from each team with a maximum of 30 players.

2. If team selects a player over 75 overall, they will forfeit there second pick from that team. If team selects a player over 80 overall they will forfeit there second pick and that player will count as two players towards the 30-player maximum.

Expansion Draft Roster Filling
1. Team is giving the rights to a player of the team they are replacing.
2. For the remaining positions, the free agent pool will be used.
3. Team may select one 80 overall in the free agents the rest cannot be over a 70 overall.

During the Season Rules
1. 1. If an injury occurs, you may sign a player from Free Agency. This player must be below 65 overall.
2. Team is allowed 2 trade during the season, and 2 in the offseason. All trades must pass by 80% from owner votes. "post on the trade section and you must get enoguh ok's to do it"

Off-season Rules
1. You may re-sign a maximum of 8 players, to the following deals
2. 1 x 5 year deal may be given
3. 1 x 4 year deal may be given
4. 2 x 3 year deals may be given
5. 2 x 2 year deals may be given
6. 3 x 1 year deals may be given

Offseason Free Agency Period
1. 1 Player of any overall
2. 1 Player between 75-80 overall
3. 2 Players below 75 overall

I have done it this way for some time. Usually the players takes the most time to get a realistic list of players that may be available for a expasion team. Below this I will tell you what you need to do in order to do this correctly.

1. Pick the team you are going to replace ex. Seahawks

2. Once you have done that start building your team with the players above in the links following the rules on the Seahawk Roster.

3. Building it on the team you are replacing is good because you will not have duplicate players and you will not be sending that teams players away for good.

4. Once you have your team set up. Simple just write down your guys then go into your create team and hit the fantasy draft. Then draft the guys you have wrote down.

I hope this helps guys and let me know what you think

Thanks

-Yanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Pro

yankees028's Arena

Re: Expansion Draft Rules & Players

Just finished putting my team together. Looking like it will be a tough season but I have some soild guys in place. Looking to secure a top 5 draft pick in my first season.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great job thanks for doing this i only saw a couple of issues the main one that stood out was Mcnabb. I know he is having an off year but he was brought in to be the bridge to Ponder if this were to be semi realistic it would have happened in the off season and that means they wouldnt give up a guy they traded for.

Other than that good job
Old 10-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
Pro

yankees028's Arena

Thanks that was a issue for me aswell. But I looked at it as if a expansion team was to start getting ready for this off season and could possibly acquire some players before hand to avoid them going into f/a.

But I do agree with you that was my oly glaring player that we all agreed on.

I'm currently 1-2 right now in my franchise couple very close games but have had up and down play from Nate Davis. Big thing killing me is Ginn and Mason went down with broken jaws otu for 5 weeks.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Pro

yankees028's Arena

I have a very soild set up sliders also if you are playing a expansion team. Currently sitting 2-2 with two games I won by a field goal. Just lost to the Falcons 42-14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah sure what are they
Old 10-18-2011, 01:34 AM   #7
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees028
I have a very soild set up sliders also if you are playing a expansion team. Currently sitting 2-2 with two games I won by a field goal. Just lost to the Falcons 42-14.
I would like to see the sliders as well.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #8
Pro

yankees028's Arena

Will post my silders up on here when I get out of my a/m class. Currently 2-4. Defenses our really punishing my young QB when he makes bad throws. Was up on the Giants and they had a 28 point comeback in the 4th. 2 Ints pretty much gave them the chance but one of the most intense games I have played it was like my team just ran out of steam and watched the G man go crazy

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »