Home

Does reality hurt your Franchise mode fun?

This is a discussion on Does reality hurt your Franchise mode fun? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Does reality hurt your Franchise mode fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC©®
I mingle with the chise mode, to get used to the new features & stuff before Week 6 IRL.
Then try to start a serious chise after Week 6 Trade deadline, this way you get to have the real trades, & stay somewhat realistic.

I also like to start with one of the crappiest teams & relocate, it's makes things even harder to keep things in check financially.
That's pretty much what I do too. I try to start with as much real information as possible, because I want my challenge to be just as tough as the one facing the RL Seahawks (or Panthers, though that's much easier now).

I'll probably really start into a deep run of a Franchise now that the trade deadline is passed. Though I can't believe Carson Palmer isn't tucked away somewhere to put on the Raiders.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Mavfan - I totally agree with what you're saying. I just want the alternate reality to start from the history we've accumulated thus far. For example, I want to play in a franchise where the Lions and 49ers are having good years, and the Dolphins, Chiefs, and Colts are in the Andrew Luck bowl.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksruleva
I'm just wondering if I'm alone in this feeling. I'll start a franchise, and then around week 4 or 5 of the actual, live NFL season, I start getting annoyed at how the real results aren't mirrored in my franchise. Eventually I re-start my franchise, and try to mirror the wins and losses of my team.

Does anyone else do this? Trades and long-term injuries add to that frustration. For example, I'm going to trade Aaron Curry to the Raiders, but since I don't contrll the Broncos, I can't move Brandon Lloyd to my division-rival Rams.

I'd like it if Madden had the option to start your franchise in any week of the current season. That way I could take over the team in Week 6, and feel like I'm building on what actually happened with my team.
Yea but I always control all 32 teams and turn off CPU trades, I'm a control freak
Old 10-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

On a similar topic, I have been frustrated by my 49ers when I play Madden. For a number of years, the 49ers were thought to have "finally turned a corner" and would win the division, only to watch the team commit countless stupid penalties and turn the ball over time and time again.

Until this year, when I won with the 49ers it kind of felt unrealistic. While I am building a playoff contending team, and throughout the course of the franchise, a Super Bowl contending/winning team... I watch my real life 49ers flounder and lose their way. The 49ers are not a great team, but they are finally no longer a poorly coached team. As a result, they are 5-1 going into the bye week. So now, if I beat Dallas in week 2 instead of losing in Over Time ot start the season 6-0, it isn't unrealistic.

Now I look at their remaining schedule for 2011:
vs Browns - Winnable
@ Redskins -Good team, but Winnable
vs Giants -Good team, but Winnable
vs Cardinals - Winnable
@ Ravens - Tough game, likely a loss
vs Rams - Winnable
@ Cardinals - Winnable
vs Steelers - Tough game, likely a loss
@ Seahawks - Winnable
@ Rams - Winnable

This is the NFl, and anything can happen, but the 49ers could realistically be 13-3 this year based on the way they are playign and how "easy" their schedule is. Maybe 11-5 is more realistic. However, at 13-3, they could get a bye week. With a home playoff game and a strong season, would it be unrealistic to see the 49ers in the NFC Championship game? I don't think it would be. It's optimistic, sure, but not unbelievable.

If I had done this when Madden 12 came out before week 1 of the regular season, it would have felt unrealistic. had I done this and posted in the "how's your franchise going Madden 12 edition" I would have been told how I should change my sliders and so forth to make the game more difficult because there is no way that would really happen.

Last edited by PGaither84; 10-18-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #21
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm on the opposite end. My franchise is MY FRANCHISE. Whatever unrealistic stuff i do( Like create myself and another 2 or 3 players) its still mine.

I also raise or lower players depending on how their season is going as well. I don't think i could play a multi year franchise/season in any sports game to get it to mirror real life. I want to play it my way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #22
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0
What hurts my franchise mode is how unreal it is after year 2. For example, in my recent franchise Titans release Hasselbeck and draft a QB in the 1st. Then start the drfted QB over Locker? Or... how the Raiders drafted a 1st round RB when they kept Bush and McFadden?

How about how good rookies get released and the draft classes still suck. I'm tired of 6'3 240 LBs with 90 speed. Doesn't happen, besides Willis.

Stupid crap like that ruin my franchises. Too unrealistic.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:49 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a franchise where I simulated every game until I got the results that mirror real life >_<
Old 10-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #24
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

All I need is an accurate set of opening day rosters. From there I know that my starting point exactly mirrors the real life starting point of the season.

After that, I let thing take their own course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »