Home

Does reality hurt your Franchise mode fun?

This is a discussion on Does reality hurt your Franchise mode fun? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Does reality hurt your Franchise mode fun?

I'm just wondering if I'm alone in this feeling. I'll start a franchise, and then around week 4 or 5 of the actual, live NFL season, I start getting annoyed at how the real results aren't mirrored in my franchise. Eventually I re-start my franchise, and try to mirror the wins and losses of my team.

Does anyone else do this? Trades and long-term injuries add to that frustration. For example, I'm going to trade Aaron Curry to the Raiders, but since I don't contrll the Broncos, I can't move Brandon Lloyd to my division-rival Rams.

I'd like it if Madden had the option to start your franchise in any week of the current season. That way I could take over the team in Week 6, and feel like I'm building on what actually happened with my team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does reality hurt your Franchise mode fun?

yes I completely agree. I do this all the time. I've learned to live with the game changing and roster turnover and all that. Its always funny when something happens in madden then it actually happens in real life. I remember I had a franchise going a few years ago and the Bears somehow ended up with Cutler way before he actually went there.

Thats why the completion % being f*cked up is so devestating to me. I could even live with franchise QB's changing teams sometimes (except for the big guys - brady, manning, rodgers) but no when their completing 52% of their passes.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksruleva
I'm just wondering if I'm alone in this feeling. I'll start a franchise, and then around week 4 or 5 of the actual, live NFL season, I start getting annoyed at how the real results aren't mirrored in my franchise. Eventually I re-start my franchise, and try to mirror the wins and losses of my team.

Does anyone else do this? Trades and long-term injuries add to that frustration. For example, I'm going to trade Aaron Curry to the Raiders, but since I don't contrll the Broncos, I can't move Brandon Lloyd to my division-rival Rams.

I'd like it if Madden had the option to start your franchise in any week of the current season. That way I could take over the team in Week 6, and feel like I'm building on what actually happened with my team.
Yeah I can see this. That's why doing fantasy drafts help. Then it's impossible for it to mirror reality!!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Shizz420's Arena

OVR: 3

I do believe in getting "franchise fatigue"; but it usually when the CPU goes into god-mode, like when the Chargers had 2 CBs hurt, so they put in Vincent Jackson at CB....and he returned an INT for a TD (it was tipped, too).

Also wish you could just start a franchise w/o the whole preseason/cut down stuff.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Nope, not one bit. Once I start a Franchise it is, in my mind, 100% disconnected from what is going on in real life. As long as there is a certain internal logic to the changes that occur, I really enjoy seeing how things completely deviate from reality.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Nope, not one bit. Once I start a Franchise it is, in my mind, 100% disconnected from what is going on in real life. As long as there is a certain internal logic to the changes that occur, I really enjoy seeing how things completely deviate from reality.
i agree, this is how i am. im a HUGE nfl fan IRL, but when i play madden i create my own story lines for what happens and what i do and play it out. but i dont mind if its totally different from real life.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've been playing football video games for over 20 years now, and I can't recall ever wanting the video game to mirror what is happening in the real life season. The in-game season/franchise is an alternate reality, and until I saw threads like this on this forum, it never occurred to me that people might view it otherwise.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm a Browns fan, so real life always ruins my Madden franchises. I've finally realized that I just can't play a Browns franchise anymore. I always play well with the scrubby players they have, and when I see how bad they are on Sunday, it is difficult to get into Madden.

My solution? I've started a Seahawks franchise. They have a lot of players that I'm a fan of, but I rarely get to see the Seahawks play. Now I can just live in my own little Madden universe as Seattle. I don't put myself in situations of "Colt McCoy sucks. I don't want to be good with him."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »