Home

My Browns Offline Franchise

This is a discussion on My Browns Offline Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My Browns Offline Franchise

After the "Too Many Players on IR" glitch bit me in the a** I have restarted my Browns franchise and am molding them in my image.

I have traded Peyton "My Throat Hurts" Hillis to the Patriots for Ryan Mallett, their 2012 and 2013 First Round picks. I picked up Noel Divine off Waivers to supplement my RB core.

I then traded Colt "Noodle Arm" McCoy to the Redskins for Leonard Hankerson, their 2012 Fourth Round pick and 2013 Third Round Pick.

I feel I got the short end of the stick on the Hankerson/McCoy trade but it kind of evens out as I took the Pats to the cleaners in the Mallett/Hillis trade.

Mallet is rated 71 OVR with B potential compared to McCoy's 78 OVR and A potential. The key differences are Mallett has a big arm and the deep accuracy that Colt lacks.

Hankerson is rated in the low 60's but has B potential and great measurements including 92 speed. I will start Massaquoi and Little with Hankerson in the slot and use Cribbs on screens and slants in the 4-wide.

On the Defensive side I picked up some guys for depth b/c the Browns have good/great starters and crap depth. I picked up the speedy Everette Brown at DE for pass rushing situations and Kentawn Balmer and Steven Paea at DT for some rotation depth.

Everette is an A potential player and Balmer is labeled an "Underachiever" with C potential but has good measurable s and will make good depth until I can find someone younger with better potential.

Also Got Ross Homan at OLB with B potential surprisingly as I picked him b/c I'm a bit of an OSU homer and then got FS Sands and SS Sash, B and A potential respectively, to shore up some more depth.

I got lucky and one of the random UDFA's the CPU gave me turned out to be a decent CB with B potential who I can develop.

Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: My Browns Offline Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosarfan
I have traded Peyton "My Throat Hurts" Hillis to the Patriots for Ryan Mallett, their 2012 and 2013 First Round picks. I picked up Noel Divine off Waivers to supplement my RB core.

I feel I got the short end of the stick on the Hankerson/McCoy trade but it kind of evens out as I took the Pats to the cleaners in the Mallett/Hillis trade.

Your thoughts?
My thoughts? HOLY CRAP the Pats are being run by an idiot. NO ONE would give up a 1st round pick for Hillis, let alone 2!!!

Only 4-5 RB's would garner a 1st round pick. Did the CPU allow that or are you running a 32 team Franchise? I could never do a deal like that and take my Franchise seriously but hey, to each his own. It's your 60 bucks, whatever makes you happy.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosarfan
After the "Too Many Players on IR" glitch bit me in the a** I have restarted my Browns franchise and am molding them in my image.

I then traded Colt "Noodle Arm" McCoy to the Redskins for Leonard Hankerson, their 2012 Fourth Round pick and 2013 Third Round Pick.

Mallet is rated 71 OVR with B potential compared to McCoy's 78 OVR and A potential. The key differences are Mallett has a big arm and the deep accuracy that Colt lacks.

Hankerson is rated in the low 60's but has B potential and great measurements including 92 speed. I will start Massaquoi and Little with Hankerson in the slot and use Cribbs on screens and slants in the 4-wide.

On the Defensive side I picked up some guys for depth b/c the Browns have good/great starters and crap depth. I picked up the speedy Everette Brown at DE for pass rushing situations and Kentawn Balmer and Steven Paea at DT for some rotation depth.

Everette is an A potential player and Balmer is labeled an "Underachiever" with C potential but has good measurable s and will make good depth until I can find someone younger with better potential.

Also Got Ross Homan at OLB with B potential surprisingly as I picked him b/c I'm a bit of an OSU homer and then got FS Sands and SS Sash, B and A potential respectively, to shore up some more depth.

I got lucky and one of the random UDFA's the CPU gave me turned out to be a decent CB with B potential who I can develop.

Your thoughts?
Hillis trade is downright laughable and absurd
Old 10-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Hahaha...love the name even if you are a Steelers fan.

I know it's absurd, but the Browns are owed a 1st round pick anyway as the game starts things out even and not true to life even though they update the rosters every week. And the CPU severely undervalues the next years picks so while an exploit it's an exploit of the Patriots and I don't feel bad for them with their new #1 RB and Tom Brady.

We'll see what their stats look like at the end of the season, if they miss the playoffs then I'm the A**hole but if they destroy the competition then they got what they paid for.

No it's not 100% (or even 50%) realistic but neither was being 6-0 with the Browns on All Pro with the sliders increased.

I'll be playing All-Madden this go around with Blue Ninja's sliders so we'll see how that goes.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Love reading Browns franchises.

I agree the trade is unrealistic, but hey, who are we to tell YOU how to run YOUR franchise, right?

Curious though--are you controlling all 32 teams, or just the Browns?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Love reading Browns franchises.

I agree the trade is unrealistic, but hey, who are we to tell YOU how to run YOUR franchise, right?

Curious though--are you controlling all 32 teams, or just the Browns?
I am soliciting opnions and obviously the consensus is that it's supremely unrealistic but I'll see how it plays out and maybe I'll feel bad about it later and trade it back to them for lesser picks.

I am just controlling the Browns, the CPU controls the other 31 teams.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Good to see I'm not the only one who dumped Hillis. I traded him for 22nd pick in the draft and got an HB after picking an awesome DE with the Browns' #7 pick. The HB is basically a mirror image of Hillis (but a bit bigger if you can imagine that). The main difference is that he doesn't have the fumblitis attribute that Hillis used to help me get me that #7 pick
Old 10-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

not realistic but hey, your having fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »