Home

Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12?

This is a discussion on Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12?
Madden 11 21 17.50%
Madden 12 99 82.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12?

I'd vote for Madden 10 if possible.

That was before they introduced the "locomotion" garbage that screwed up the defense and has allowed people to start "zig zag running."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #42
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I played madden 11 up until last week when I bought 12. The differences are apparent, and hey are all good so far. Madden 12 still frustrates me in mush the same way madden has over the years, but it is better.

Madden 12 did NOT eliminate suction blocking. It eliminated suction blocking in the open field. When pass rushing, suction blocking is very real, specifically with the LT. However when pursuing a ball carrier, not getting sucked into a block is nice.

Madden 12 doesn't move as smoothly or as nicely as 2k, but it moves a LOT better than Madden 11. The animations flow better as well. The tackling is really nice. I never want to see another Madden 11 shoulder roll ever again. NCAA 11 had some shoulder roll, but a lot less than it's sister game. Madden 11 was TERRIBLE when it came to tackling and pro tack was a nice idea but ultimately a gimmick in it's two years.

Those two areas alone make the game play on the field so much better that I would never go back... but those are the only two real game play changes. I don't care how many people say that zone coverage has been improved, it looks like trash to me. I used to think the middle of the field was covered poorly in Madden 11... Madden 12 isn't even aware there is a middle of the field even when I have three guys in yellow hook zones assigned to cover it. Apparently they think yellow hook zones are purple buzz zones as they LOVE to trail off to the side lines at the snap of the ball. I like to control the D-line and will call zone blitzes and watch pass after pass by both the AI and users go right over the middle for completion after completion until I user cover the middle.

DPP, Player traits, hot and cold streaks and player roles are all really nice even tough it appears EA has ignored these features since launch. It looks like Donny Moore didn't touch Player Traits at all when he did roster updates which is really disappointing. Also, there are times when I am messing with sliders and the tackle ratings for my team... and I start a game and Willis throws a hit stick on someone and they break it. After the play the DPP says "Big Hits: No" Really?!? like really really? After one play in the game, Willis is going to give up on big hits? I completed two passes to my FB for nice gains... then he drops one and says "Drops open Passes: Yes" Oh my god... what ever. That feature needs to be tuned. It feels like it's tuned for knee jerk 5min quarters with accelerated clock.

Also, it doesn't look like many people here at OS play it, but OTP was improved as well. The removal of those stupid boosts makes a world of difference. While I kind of miss the super star cam, I know most people like that the classic cam is back.

The real question is: Is it worth buying Madden 12 if you already have 11? I don't know. I bought it an I just don't know. It's still Madden. It still has a ton of game play flaws. To the casual fan, iam not even sure the changes are noticeable... in fact in a lot of ways I know they are not. I made friends with someone here who plays Madden casually and we watch football together. We played Madden 11 some at my place and when he came over last week to hang out I asked him what he thought of the game and at last he couldn't really notice that much other than the camera presentation and the smoother tackling. When I pointed stuff out, he liked it and kinda laughed at how super serious I take madden... but what ever. I love football. He's a casual.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #43
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
That and shoudler pads dont look half the league is going to be in KISS concert.
With Madden 11 do me a favor. Look at Patrick Willis in the default roster that came with the game and then look at him in one of the updated rosters that came out during or after the season... he looks so ridiculous. he looks like the incredible bulk instead of a person. there are others too, but Madden 12 restored the cartoonish look Kane gave players in Madden 11.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #44
MVP

AussieChiefsFan's Arena

OVR: 31

Madden 12 without a doubt
Old 02-28-2012, 03:47 AM   #45
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6
M10 is still my favorite. Head Coach 09 still gives me a chubby
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »