Home

Why are team ovr's being lowered?

This is a discussion on Why are team ovr's being lowered? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Why are team ovr's being lowered?

Out of the box there was a big range between weak and strong teams (something like 78-93). But after each update I'm noticing the Team OVR's have dropped. I think my highest is 88 or 89 and the lowest 80. In addition there are TONS of teams in the 82-84 range. Is is just me or are others noticing? Not a big deal in terms of game play. Just surprising. (Packers are 88- I think and the Falcons have higher rating - I think?). Don't have it in front of me but there was some anomaly like that

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Tennessee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why are team ovr's being lowered?

Ratings are adjusted after each roster update. GB is currently the highest at 93.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

Team ratings are weird, I don't even pay them any attention anymore.

In one mode a team might be an 85, in another mode they'll be a 78. The team OVR rating makes zero sense to me.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

Have you edited any of the depth charts? I noticed that when I started my franchise with GB and corrected my depth chart that their overall went down to 81. I am pretty sure it is because the default overall team ratings are set through the guy that does the roster updates, and once you edit anything the overall is set by whatever formula they have in the game. I think a lot of it has to do with the terrible ratings of the real long snappers. Chad Clifton shouldn't be a better long snapper than Brett Goode, or they wouldn't waste a roster spot on him, but he is better according to the ratings. We need a position slot and rating for LS, and correct return and 3rd down back ratings, and I think this could be corrected.

However, I don't think team overalls have anything to do with on the field play. Only the player ratings do. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
In one mode a team might be an 85, in another mode they'll be a 78. The team OVR rating makes zero sense to me.
And fortunately, it doesn't really mean much of anything.

The ONLY thing I used to read as that team OVR vs OVR set the difficulty of the matchup vs the CPU. So if you're lower, then the AI will play a harder game. If you're higher, it might not be as difficult. Not sure if that was true then or is still true now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Out of the box there was a big range between weak and strong teams (something like 78-93). But after each update I'm noticing the Team OVR's have dropped. I think my highest is 88 or 89 and the lowest 80. In addition there are TONS of teams in the 82-84 range. Is is just me or are others noticing? Not a big deal in terms of game play. Just surprising. (Packers are 88- I think and the Falcons have higher rating - I think?). Don't have it in front of me but there was some anomaly like that
In Franchise Mode are the real overalls for the team. However, in the exhibition / online modes, team overalls are what Donny Moore thinks the overalls of the teams should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »