Home

Madden 12- Rate my Trade

This is a discussion on Madden 12- Rate my Trade within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 14
Madden 12- Rate my Trade

Post all of your trades or possible trades here. Please feel free to rate and or give input on any trade.

To start things off, I am looking to move Johnathan Stewart or DeAngelo Williams. I am looking to either pickup a solid DT to seal the D-Line or a quality LB to transition to a 3-4 defense. I am looking for talent right off, so youth isn't a huge factor. I have McClain and Hardy as young development projects so I don't need new ones.

So far here is my line-up

LE: Charles Johnson
DT: Tommy Kelly
DT: ?, McClain
RE: Julius Peppers

LOLB: Thomas Davis
MLB: Jon Beason
ROLB: James Anderson
LB:?

What value do you think I could get from trading DeAngelo Williams or Johnathen Stewart? I like both of these guys, but Goodson is solid as a backup and I can always sign a 3rd string RB.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Conanbryan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 12- Rate my Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by illWILL8455
Post all of your trades or possible trades here. Please feel free to rate and or give input on any trade.

To start things off, I am looking to move Johnathan Stewart or DeAngelo Williams. I am looking to either pickup a solid DT to seal the D-Line or a quality LB to transition to a 3-4 defense. I am looking for talent right off, so youth isn't a huge factor. I have McClain and Hardy as young development projects so I don't need new ones.

So far here is my line-up

LE: Charles Johnson
DT: Tommy Kelly
DT: ?, McClain
RE: Julius Peppers

LOLB: Thomas Davis
MLB: Jon Beason
ROLB: James Anderson
LB:?

What value do you think I could get from trading DeAngelo Williams or Johnathen Stewart? I like both of these guys, but Goodson is solid as a backup and I can always sign a 3rd string RB.

Thoughts?
Are you looking for a pass rushing OLB or would you rather have a MLB that can tackle and cover? With the LB you do have I would say that you need an OLB such as Justin Houston from Kansas City or moving a small end to OLB.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conanbryan
Are you looking for a pass rushing OLB or would you rather have a MLB that can tackle and cover? With the LB you do have I would say that you need an OLB such as Justin Houston from Kansas City or moving a small end to OLB.
I am very new to trying to develop the best possible balance on defense. However, I do rush the passer a lot, but most of the time it is with the defensive line.

What should I look at with the current linebackers in terms of deciding if pass rushing or covering is more needed?
Old 10-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Conanbryan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illWILL8455
I am very new to trying to develop the best possible balance on defense. However, I do rush the passer a lot, but most of the time it is with the defensive line.

What should I look at with the current linebackers in terms of deciding if pass rushing or covering is more needed?
If you are planning on moving to a 3-4 then OLB will be your best pass rushers. Sergio Kindle and Justin Houston are great pass rushers and you may be able to get Houston from KC for Stewart as well as maybe Jackie Battle who could be a good power rusher. All of the LBs from Carolina are good 4-3 LBs which generally swith to ILB in a 3-4.

Larry English from the Chargers could be a good pick up and you may want to look at moving Vernon Gholston or Everette Brown to OLB from DE and they are both free agents.

Look at the LBs from the Ravens as they are usually hard hitting and good pass rushing. Also take a look at the 49ers' LBs as they are also big, strong and can cause a lot of sacks.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
If you are planning on moving to a 3-4 then OLB will be your best pass rushers. Sergio Kindle and Justin Houston are great pass rushers and you may be able to get Houston from KC for Stewart as well as maybe Jackie Battle who could be a good power rusher. All of the LBs from Carolina are good 4-3 LBs which generally swith to ILB in a 3-4.

Larry English from the Chargers could be a good pick up and you may want to look at moving Vernon Gholston or Everette Brown to OLB from DE and they are both free agents.

Look at the LBs from the Ravens as they are usually hard hitting and good pass rushing. Also take a look at the 49ers' LBs as they are also big, strong and can cause a lot of sacks.
why would KC want either Williams/Stewart when they already have Charles
(if u have pre-existing injuries OFF), Jones and McCluster? if he's injured in your franchise, then yeah....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Conanbryan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
why would KC want either Williams/Stewart when they already have Charles
(if u have pre-existing injuries OFF), Jones and McCluster? if he's injured in your franchise, then yeah....
Jones is on the decline and Charles works best as a change of pace to stay explosive with another back getting the tough yards. Jackie Battle looks to take over the tough 3-4 yards. Stewart does make a good power back while Williams is a shifty back with good elusiveness but doesn't make a good power back.

I hadn't considered this, but you may want to look at Mario Haggan off of the Broncos. He's big and could be had for a very cheap price.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Jones is on the decline and Charles works best as a change of pace to stay explosive with another back getting the tough yards. Jackie Battle looks to take over the tough 3-4 yards. Stewart does make a good power back while Williams is a shifty back with good elusiveness but doesn't make a good power back.

I hadn't considered this, but you may want to look at Mario Haggan off of the Broncos. He's big and could be had for a very cheap price.
I have to disagree with you here, Charles is a number 1 back, and one of the best catching/recieving backs. He needs to be in there 1st-3rd down. It would be nice to have a power running back behind him but a RB the caliber of Stewart is not needed.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #8
Pro

What does Julius Pepper's rating drop to if you move him to OLB? He seems like he'd be great at OLB. And, by the way, what did you give up to get him back? You must have like no cap room with all of those big contracts on Carolina's team. Try moving Jon Beason to OLB. Him on Peppers is a ridiculous pass rush at OLB. Try picking up some big, solid guys to play MLB. You can probably find some good second string guys on other teams who you can easily get for one of your RBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »