Home

Rivalry - Who's Your Nemesis?

This is a discussion on Rivalry - Who's Your Nemesis? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Rivalry - Who's Your Nemesis?

For my friends that play head-to-head games, there's usually at least one person we HATE losing to. I want to hear your story!!!

Here's mine:

For me, it's my best friend. He was the first guy I ever beat playing Madden. Back when we first started I had 2 years of experience (all losses) and he had NONE. Needless to say, I played him a lot. Maybe too much.

One day one of his friends from high school, Ricky, (not a gamer) hung out with us. My friend had been telling Ricky that he always beats me... So we got to talking, yelling, and screaming about it when I challenged my buddy to a game in front of a witness.

Why did I do that?

I had never lost this bad to ANYONE. In front of Ricky, my skills crumbled. I lost 72-3 (#%@& Herman Moore... lol). Fluke game right? So for the rematch, he WHOOPS ME AGAIN. Not as bad, but still bad enough.

Now that the mental barrier was broken, he began to win more and more games. True, I'd still unleash hell against him, but his 1st win came with a witness. GRRRRR. Fast forward to today. My best friend is NOT as serious a Madden player as I am. He didn't get Madden 11 and only brushed over Madden 10. Now that we live in different states, I was able to convince him to get Madden 12.

So Tuesday night we play the first game of Madden against each other in almost 2 years. We play four games. I win all four. Won one of them by 64 points, so NOW he wants to get serious about Madden because he hates losing to me just as much (if not more) than I hate losing to him.

Right now, I'm 7-0 against him on Madden 12 - but I know his W is coming. I just hope no one else sees it this time.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Rivalry - Who's Your Nemesis?

I have two people I hate losing to. My brother and one of my good friends.

My brother and I have been playing Madden against each other since the release of the game on the Sega Genesis. Our first game ever he beat me when I fumbled on a kickoff with 0 seconds left and he recovered it and ran it in for the win.

Each year he continued to beat me, by the way he is 5 years older than me. During the PS1 years we barely played videogames, but had quite a rivalry on Madden 64. He still beat me most of the time and usually in the last two minutes of each game, and occasional blow outs.

Then starting with NCAA 2003 (Joey Harrington) I became more of a student of football and learned what cover 2, 4, etc mean't. I used my new found knowledge and from this point on, he wasn't much competition; but he rarely played.

Fast forward to today, he purchased M12 and has played it more often than previous editions. His biggest problem today is that he doesn't make adjustments during games. If his gameplan doesn't work he'll make very little adjustments. So if he wins it is usually me playing out of myself and not sticking to my gameplan.

For Madden 12 I am probably like 20-7 against him. Most of the losses came from me holding back and he gets lucky. Other losses came from me committing to many turnovers. A couple came from him calling better plays based on the situation (down and distance).

My best friend is just better than me, especially in NCAA. His football and EA football mind is just better than mine.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Here's a video of several highlights from my games thus far (plus a promo of an upcoming Madden event in Ann Arbor, MI on Homecoming Weekend!).

The two clips from the Lions game were agaisnt my best friend in the first game we played this year... LOL... I got him. He gets me.

Gotta love the rivalries this game creates. If not for our Madden time long ago, we might not be the best of friends now. Spent a lot of time beating each others heads in.

GOD, Thank you for Madden. Amen.

Later
Old 10-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

I used to play my brother occasionally (there was quite an age gap), and he would almost always pick a team that I hated (Ohio State SMH...), and on top of that he would go for most 4th downs. Just annoying to play against lol. It was mostly an NCAA thing, we would work together on Madden, but I still have nightmares of Troy Smith throwing bombs down the field to Ted Ginn Jr and Santonio Holmes
Old 10-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Ever since posting this thread and how easily I beat my nemesis...I have gone 0-3, and lost one game 35-10. Darn, I think he's been practicing.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »