Home

Still think Rodgers should have been the cover boy.

This is a discussion on Still think Rodgers should have been the cover boy. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #17
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Still think Rodgers should have been the cover boy.

who gives a **** who is on the cover? put nobody on the cover for all i care. no idea why people even give the cover a second thought. do you play the cover? move on with your life.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
You recall wrong because Rodgers was in the final four, it was Hillis who beat Rodgers to go to the finals.

People didn't want Rodgers on the cover, Madden Curse bruh. Anyone that's been around a while knows this.
Final four or final six it doesn't matter he still lost.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 0

I love the guy from Cleveland... His guy falls victim to the "Madden Curse", and he thinks this is a victory. LOL

Last edited by shadia147; 10-24-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
I love the guy from Cleveland... His guy falls victim to the "Madden Curse", and he thinks this is a victory. LOL
I will never understand how people still actually believe in the ridiculous Madden Cover 'curse.' Still fail to admit Eddie George had a career year when he was on the cover? Larry Fitzgerald had 97 catches 1000+ yrds and 13 TDs in 09...but let me guess, curse ignored him since he shared the cover? Did the magic curse make all Saints defenders unable to tackle Marshawn Lynch so it could get Brees?

Sadly Rodgers will probably be on next year's cover. Is it not enough for him to be all over the game intro and loading screen? Don't remember seeing Hillis anywhere in-game.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #21
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

Right, because we don't see enough Green Bay crap already... We get it, he's a phenomenal player, but for the non-Packer fan it's annoying. Commercials, constantly having to see their games on National TV, and now Rodgers should be on the cover of Madden. Yeesh. I'll pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Yes in my eyes it is a waste of money and marketing effort. This will not sell more games being that madden to many has been a declining product. Now I for one am enjoying the game, but the sales are not there as it was in the past. Giving the fans a option to pick the cover athlete is not going to help at this point in time.

The only reason there was a debate as to who will be on the cover is simply becuase the option was put out there for the fans, so they got involved to a extent.

It wasnt that important that gamers were going to fight to get thier man on the cover. They just voted to vote and see the results. It was not that big of a deal.

Now if the option was not put out there no one would have cared about the whole process.

I hear what your saying, and yes there are times when marketing can do wonders for a product, and there are times when it does nothing.

This was a marketing effort that did notihng for sales.

You find me one person who bought Madden 12 because of the cover.
I don't think you have a very good understanding of marketing. The purpose of the cover voting was not to cause a direct increase in sales. The purpose was to increase awareness of the product. The campaign was not directed at people like you or me who are already fully aware of the product. The campaign was directed at the NFL fan who has never played Madden, or another type of casual potential Madden player. It was designed to get more people to be aware of the game, who would then look further into it and maybe eventually buy it.
It also had the purpose of increasing customer satisfaction, by allowing fans of the Madden genre to have some direct say in the product.

You're claiming it had no effect because it likely didn't directly increase sales, but that is not the only possible effect of a marketing campaign.
Think about it - most television commercials do not directly increase sales - they just increase awareness of the product. And before you go claiming that everyone is already aware of Madden, tell me why Coca-Cola does marketing that just gets their name out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikeKing
Sadly Rodgers will probably be on next year's cover. Is it not enough for him to be all over the game intro and loading screen? Don't remember seeing Hillis anywhere in-game.
They clearly programmed the images in the game before they knew who the cover athlete would be. It's pretty clear they were expecting Rodgers to win the vote. Hillis is on one of the screens in the game too - I can't remember which one but I know I've seen him in there.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #23
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

Stop putting players on the cover, PERIOD !!!!!! every year it ruins someones career, lol i wouldnt be surprised if one the cover athlete gets run over by a truck or something.... on 2nd thought, put tebow on the cover of madden13 EA i beg you!!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 0

THe Madden Curse DOES exist!
I'm hoping the Bengals Mike Brown is on next year's cover. )
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »