Home

Pass Rushing Tips

This is a discussion on Pass Rushing Tips within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Pass Rushing Tips

Does anyone have any tips for pass rushing? I play as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme and it seems like the same animation triggers everytime when I engage a lineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Pass Rushing Tips

This works for me against the CPU playing with Vikings All-Pro setting. This also works online but the other player might catch on if you keep doing it.

Before Snap-
Dime formation at all times except goaline. I only use the DT because ends are worthless (for me). Move the DT to the opposite shoulder (opposite side of where you plan to go) of the lineman that you will engage.

After the snap- Move the DT diagonally with the left stick until he is engaged by the OL and keep the stick diagonal and use right stick to get past him (while still engaged).

I have 25+ sacks three years running with Kevin Williams using this. I traded away J. Allen because he was worthless.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Winking_Wesley's Arena

OVR: 1

I run a 3-4 with the ravens and I have found that blitzing one of ur olbs on the opposite side of the de u are using can be very effective. If u ( the de ) can't bring pressure than the other guy ( the olb that's blitzing ) can get to the qb overall this tactic seems to work the best for me so far
Old 10-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have found that overloading is the key.

If you're shifting your d-line, and LB's, shift them the same way. I usually shift my d-line to the strong side, and bunch my LB's tight, forces the o-line to pick who they want to block, and someone usually gets free. Sometimes I am free and clear to the QB when the lineman doesn't pick me as the target.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFan22
This works for me against the CPU playing with Vikings All-Pro setting. This also works online but the other player might catch on if you keep doing it.

Before Snap-
Dime formation at all times except goaline. I only use the DT because ends are worthless (for me). Move the DT to the opposite shoulder (opposite side of where you plan to go) of the lineman that you will engage.

After the snap- Move the DT diagonally with the left stick until he is engaged by the OL and keep the stick diagonal and use right stick to get past him (while still engaged).

I have 25+ sacks three years running with Kevin Williams using this. I traded away J. Allen because he was worthless.
If he is going to be using a 3-4 Defense your tactic sounds worthless for what he wants. I do not know how well 3-4 works in a Dime defense because I run a 4-3.

In order to get pressure on the QB using any defense is to always blitz one more man than the line can block. The best pass rushers in the game barely get to the QB if there is no pressure coming elsewhere. I get sacks with me DEs when I do not control them by blitzing two other players. Have to be good at playing Man D or know how to properly use Zone Blitzes. I usually go with Man blitzing. I also control the Defender covering the HB bc sometimes the HB will stay in to block and that defender will just stand there so if that happens you can blitz with him or help out in man coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
Does anyone have any tips for pass rushing? I play as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme and it seems like the same animation triggers everytime when I engage a lineman.
Seems like he is having trouble getting pressure since he asks "Does anyone have any tips for pass rushing? To me that seemed like an open invitation to add my .02 on what has worked for me.

Also he is using a 3-4 scheme and he says he is not having any sucess. This would lead one to believe that trying something different might be a good idea.

The 2nd part of his question says he is having trouble engaging lineman. If you read my post you will see how I broke down exactly how to get around the lineman no matter what formation he uses.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thanks guys for the responses. I understand what you guys are saying about overloading one side and bringing an extra man to rush the passer. But in the NFL everytime there's a sack its not because a guy came through untouched. Are there any tips to get by a lineman after I become engaged? I know it's not impossible but I get blown up everytime it might be my timing with the right stick. Any suggestions?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hot route yourself to a QB Spy. This way, you can directly control where you player goes, rather than having them automatically blitzing without user input.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »