Home

Gutting The Redskins

This is a discussion on Gutting The Redskins within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Gutting The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Skins actually aren't that bad off. Depending on how you play. I was able to snag Alex Smith in FA in the first offseason and added a WR, OG and MLB in the draft and the team is playing much better.
The Skins are fun to play with and I love their Uniforms. I started with them in season two as well. I traded a 2nd rd pick to the Patriots for Ryan Mallet. Drafted RB Trent Richardson (without trading up) with my 1st Rd pick.

I also added WR Eddie Royal in free agency. He's a young fast burner that really helped my vertical offense which made the aging Moss excellent trade bait.

Last edited by blahblah432; 10-27-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0

Pretty much you did what I did with the Mallet rout. I started a skins chise right from the start. year 3 everything was all wack so I waited for the patch and another udate

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Old 10-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5

Skins are a team to build for sure and I need something fresh and new. Mixed up the team a bit, offense wise, need a spark. Def is fine. I plan to drop Torain too..he is a injury bug...I'm going to have 3 (R) HB, going after Noel Divine in FA, since never drafted and he is beast A potential guy with player role and I have CAP room. I have played with him for a bit and kinda reminds me to terrel davis back in day with broncos. I want that on my team plus mike shanahan likes that type of HB to run the rock. To bring an attitude to the team i'm going to sign TO and Terrel Pryor since there both cheap, Then I have 2 Terrel's on the skins....LOL..any other ideas would be helpful...playing with Playmakers sliders...peace

Last edited by Grumpykore; 10-27-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #12
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpykore
Skins are a team to build for sure and I need something fresh and new. Mixed up the team a bit, offense wise, need a spark. Def is fine. I plan to drop Torain too..he is a injury bug...I'm going to have 3 (R) HB, going after Noel Divine in FA, since never drafted and he is beast A potential guy with player role and I have CAP room. I have played with him for a bit and kinda reminds me to terrel davis back in day with broncos. I want that on my team plus mike shanahan likes that type of HB to run the rock. To bring an attitude to the team i'm going to sign TO and Terrel Pryor since there both cheap, Then I have 2 Terrel's on the skins....LOL..any other ideas would be helpful...playing with Playmakes sliders...peace
Definitely agree with Devine. I'm becoming a fan of using him in the game. Brought him onto the Raiders as a 3rd down back.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #13
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

Fo sho...i like him too..he needs some playing time..Question for Pryor, what is a good ratings adjustment for him...I dumped Kellen Clemons to make a roster spot..I like how he is fast too..Since your running the silver and black..is he on your team too..who do you have at QB.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 13

Trading Cooley isn't realistic. He's been injured and next year is the final year of his contract. He'd have a very low value, unfortunately. 6th maybe.

Same with Moss. He's still a contributor, but on the down slope of his career. His value wouldn't be much.

I traded Torain for a 4th just before the deadline. Unfortunately the Skins have sucked for so long, the players who actually have good potential in real life don't in the game. Fred Davis, Trent Williams, etc. So, either edit those players, or you'll need to replace those positions as well within a few seasons.

For me, I tried as hard as I could to get Luck year 1. Couldn't get up to #1. Fortunately, Landry Jones didn't come out in my draft class so I was able to trade up for him. Moss retires after year 4, so you'll need to get some receivers. Hankerson becomes a solid player if you use him enough.

But as for trades, corner. Do what you can to replace Hall. He declines greatly and rapidly. There are some good ones in the draft, but there are some solid guys out there to trade for as well.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #15
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpykore
Fo sho...i like him too..he needs some playing time..Question for Pryor, what is a good ratings adjustment for him...I dumped Kellen Clemons to make a roster spot..I like how he is fast too..Since your running the silver and black..is he on your team too..who do you have at QB.
I used him as is for half the first season (went 5-11). Over the off-season he progressed to a 73. Finished my second season 9-7 even with Pryor missing 6 weeks.

However I ended up drafting Denard Robinson and after using him in the pre-season I passed on using Pryor who had advanced to 79 overall. Denard and McFadden just make defenses look silly. I'm 8-0 in my 3rd season.

You could continue to use Pryor, he's a little physical and can run, kind of like Cam. Pryor would undoubtedly progress into the 80's if continued to be used as a starter. Be careful when trying to be a pocket passer, he's not great at it, but he can buy time by moving around.

I like Denard because he came in with 99 accel, 95 agility, and 95 speed. And his receivers are wide open after a few runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

so far so good...one of the best drives i have had in m12..TO really opens up the playbook on 3rd down...BTW FEDX looks awesome now that there is no rain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »