Home

Imported Player issues

This is a discussion on Imported Player issues within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Imported Player issues

I've been scouring threads about the whole imported player jagged pads/disproportionate body issue. I've yet to see a good example of the jagged shoulder pads - could someone help with this? Also, what is a rough estimate percentage-wise of incoming players that are afflicted with either issue?

Above all else, I value realism in the gameplay and franchise mode and I am heading into my first offseason. Is there anybody out there that thinks these issues are minor or will I be pissed off when I see my 2012 crop of rookies? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Imported Player issues

A lot.

I wrote down all of my draft picks in each round for all 32 teams rounds 1-6..went back through rounds 1-3 picks and checked skill players only for issues.

In the first round alone
16 skill players out of 19 drafted in round 1 had a giant shoulder pads issue.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Can you still play the games without it bothering you too much, or is it unbearable?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCheese
Can you still play the games without it bothering you too much, or is it unbearable?
I hated it, so I just scrapped my franchise and started over with default classes. Also had it on 32 team control and deleted all UDFA's...ugh. Annoying, can't believe EA messed up offline franchise so bad this year.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
Rookie

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point but its ridiculous that we have to jump through hoops to get what we want out of the game.

It sounds like EA, inexplicably, is not going to patch this. Why not? Or are they unable to do it for some reason? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I hated it, so I just scrapped my franchise and started over with default classes. Also had it on 32 team control and deleted all UDFA's...ugh. Annoying, can't believe EA messed up offline franchise so bad this year.
Especially since this was "the year" for franchise mode. I'm getting rid of my copy at this point. I have enough fun with NCAA and it's dynasty mode (and god knows that game is far from perfect) that I haven't even bothered with Madden barely since release. Last time I'm buying on release day. Definitely waiting for some of the poor saps on OS to beta test it for me for the first month of release.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

for me its unbearable...i can deal with huge shoulder pads on linemen...but not on qbs,wrs,rbs,cbs, etc.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Okay, my worst fears have been realized. Simmed through to draft, chose Andrew Luck and Michael Floyd for the Vikings to build around and those pads are simply AWFUL. Looks like the only work around to this issue is to edit fake rookies to names of real players based on similar appearance. Has this been feasible for anybody?

If not, I'm mailing this worthless game back to EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »