Home

Examining Franchise's Elephant in the Room: Coaching Schemes

This is a discussion on Examining Franchise's Elephant in the Room: Coaching Schemes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2011, 05:22 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Examining Franchise's Elephant in the Room: Coaching Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
re: DE priority

Putting them at 90 doesn't have them make too many tackles? Since I have my C/G/T at 0 and the DL at 20 would that give them an advantage still? Perhaps I should put DE and 40 like I have my CBs and/or drop DT to 0 (to try to minimize their sacks since most don't get many sacks). I like the idea and the results you're seeing at 90 DE priority, but I don't want them to "steal" too many tackles from the LBs.
The best results that I have seen is to set all DTs @ 10, all Guards and Center @ 10 and then leave DE at 0. I now have my & opposing DE's getting the most pressure because I have lowered the "bubble", or area of suction/animation triggers, and thus the DE's get by the linemen more easily, while interior linemen get "sucked in" more easily (though still realistically).

The bottom line is that any player that you want to have a greater sphere, or area of effect that can "suck them in" to animations, should have a higher priority. Thus right now I leave most positions at 0, with certain ones (such as positions that house fat people) at between 10-30, and also the running back at 30 because I noticed that 20+ yard runs seemed to be happening at an unrealistic rate. I also bumped WR up to 10.

I am still messing with it, but without changing my sliders (yet, I will need minor tweaks eventually) I have really started to hone in on a realistic game of NFL football, with great animations and nearly realistic player awareness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

Dear Tarantism; You've hit upon a fantastic asset to the Madden experience.
But, your delivery leaves something to be desired..Sorry. Mayber I have ADD, but nevertheless, I'm missing the crucial thing I'm trying to follow.
Could you please post your priority and aggression settings for each team and position so that we can get on the same page, without the detailed reasoning and explanations?
I had my DT's at 50 and my DE's at 90. Now I see that you're going with 0-10. That was lost in the translation.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
The best results that I have seen is to set all DTs @ 10, all Guards and Center @ 10 and then leave DE at 0. I now have my & opposing DE's getting the most pressure because I have lowered the "bubble", or area of suction/animation triggers, and thus the DE's get by the linemen more easily, while interior linemen get "sucked in" more easily (though still realistically).

The bottom line is that any player that you want to have a greater sphere, or area of effect that can "suck them in" to animations, should have a higher priority. Thus right now I leave most positions at 0, with certain ones (such as positions that house fat people) at between 10-30, and also the running back at 30 because I noticed that 20+ yard runs seemed to be happening at an unrealistic rate. I also bumped WR up to 10.

I am still messing with it, but without changing my sliders (yet, I will need minor tweaks eventually) I have really started to hone in on a realistic game of NFL football, with great animations and nearly realistic player awareness.

Oh I see what you're doing with this.

Hmm....

I think I might put the LBs up the highest still on defense (gotta get those tackle stats), but you're staying on the lower end of the scale to stop suction, which frees things up.

Yeah, that awareness is what I'm trying to grab too. That's why I thought higher was better because the higher meant that those positions would be more "active" to the ball/play, especially on defense.

Now it seems like it just makes more suction?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
It appears to me that most of you are setting up these sliders as a universal idea. But wouldnt different teams have different priorities?
For instance, Jags would make MJD a priority over their Wide Receivers.
So would I therefore raise the Jacksonville Halfback to 60? as opposed to the Packers who dont utilize their halfbacks as much as Jacksonville thereby lowering GB's halfbacks to say 40?
And do we have a consensus about which teams or positions would vary from the universal settings?

That sounds like you want the Jags to run more than pass. I would put their run/pass on lower on offense, and when they play you, lower your run/pass on defense since the CPU will call plays towards your defensive slider.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:46 AM   #53
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0

So from what I can gather from reading this thread so far is that it is best to do a 32 team franchise for this....so my question is, what if you do the 32 team and do all of these adjustments and then after year 1 you switch to just being in control of "your" team? Would that work?

Quick question, which slider set would you guys recommend be used?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:33 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

oh
and jus to be clear

1) does the priority slider have to be set for all teams or does the CPU use your sets???

2) Does the priority slider effect simmed games???
Old 10-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 8

So, if I understand this correctly, you need to adjust the Philosophy of each team and only the strategy of the team you want to control in a 32 team franchise because the CPU team will always use the same strategy settings as the team you're controlling?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Oh I see what you're doing with this.

Hmm....

I think I might put the LBs up the highest still on defense (gotta get those tackle stats), but you're staying on the lower end of the scale to stop suction, which frees things up.

Yeah, that awareness is what I'm trying to grab too. That's why I thought higher was better because the higher meant that those positions would be more "active" to the ball/play, especially on defense.

Now it seems like it just makes more suction?
Here is where I am at with this: I am going to simply set all priority sliders to what I am looking for, aka what kind of "bubble" I want each player to have around them. From there I am going to totally revamp my slider set so that they (hopefully) compensate for what I still see missing in my game.

I know now that I want to try starting with a base zero for every priority. I am also going to start with a base of zero for every game slider. I am then going to work up.

I also want to warn you about upping the priority of the LBs too much! What I have found through my testing (because I had the same idea as you) was that if the LB priority gets too high then their "bubble" causes them to get stuck in some undesired animations with linemen. In theory it's a great idea, mostly because at that point they could get "stuck" to the running back more often, but an unfortunate side effect is that the linemen also do the same thing.

I am about to test a new set and I will tell you guys how it goes. I think I might be on the right track here, so just bare with me. Once I get this all hashed out I will probably post what I am using but I also warn you guys that (as with any slider set) this really comes down to a personal preference thing. But I will still post mine when they are done if people want to try them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »