Home

Simulatin pre-season, letting CPU make cuts

This is a discussion on Simulatin pre-season, letting CPU make cuts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #17
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Simulatin pre-season, letting CPU make cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
OK. This is essentially the route folks have taken regarding The Show. Every game like this is bound to have things that we don't like or think are weird, so the good news is that we now have full control to reverse or alter the direction of the franchise if we choose.

The Show hard core guys have really embraced this idea, and Madden guys should too. It takes a little work, but its your franchise, and if you're gonna be running with it for a while, you might as well make sure wonky things don't happen on a regular basis.
Agreed. I've found that I actually enjoy doing all the re-signings for each team. After three seasons, I really know the players in the league. Think of it even as scouting your opponents!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #18
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Simulatin pre-season, letting CPU make cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Wait, so you can do one-team control and edit down every UFDA in the league in pre-season? I had no idea you could do that.

You just need to make them a K or P and lower significant attributes?
Exactly yes... 1-team franchise.

When starting the franchise leave the option to edit players turned ON. And then you can edit players on CPU teams. You only need to adjust position. You dont need to adjust any attributes and the process takes 3-4 seconds per guy you edit at most.

Just filter each team by contract value each pre-seaon, and all the guys w/ 310K 1 year deals are UDFA's. Edit just the ones with a OVR of 60+. (you will see in edit mode their real OVR is in the 40's-50's)

And voila. You're done.

It will take about 1.5 hours; then you dont need to worry about CPU teams untill next pre-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_Macho
You can do it this way, but I've found it to be beyond tedious. It's way easier imo to control 32 teams and cut the udfa by salary. The third week cut with 8 players you should go through each team and kind of shape the roster to make sure each team is balanced. It's not as horrible as it sounds and much quicker than changing players positions. I really haven't kept too close an eye on the teams during the season but I haven't seen any of these cut udfa in the free agent pool pop back onto rosters.

anyway, the whole thing is bs.
I completely disagree that controlling all 32 teams is easier.

You cannot honestly tell me that editing guys to be punter/kickers once per pre-season for an hour or two is any harder/quicker than controlling all 32 teams.

...all 32 teams draft picks (even if you sim them)
...all 32 teams cut days (cant sim)
...all 32 teams re-signings (cant sim)
...all 32 teams depth chart (even if you auto-reorder)
...all 32 teams games (even if you sim them)
...all of that menu clicking (even if you set all/most to CPU)
etc etc...

Theres no way all that takes less time/effort than editing punters/kickers for an hour.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »