Home

Simulatin pre-season, letting CPU make cuts

This is a discussion on Simulatin pre-season, letting CPU make cuts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Simulatin pre-season, letting CPU make cuts

I'm just starting out my first season in franchise and wanted to ask a question about simulatin the pre-season games. The game asks you to cut players during each week and controlling 32 teams, this would mean lot of work. So the question is, if I let CPU make the cuts does CPU cut also players that are currently on the rosters (roster update) or just some random players that are not currently on the "real" roster?

What I mean is that rosters don't have too many players but when you start the franchise, the game must add some players to the original rosters so there's some players to be cut, am I right. So does the CPU cut these "extra" players or just randomly cut also those that are in the real roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Simulatin pre-season, letting CPU make cuts

im pretty sure they will add the udfa's, the cuts are random from what iv seen. somtimes a good player will get cut.
the easist way iv been able to cut the udfa's is by going to player mangement and sort your players by cap, most if not all the udfa's will have 1 years deals and be paid 300,000 or something around there, just release them there and you wont have to do the cut days.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

I don't think the cuts are random. The way it works I believe is that the UDFA's will be added, and will each have a guess as their OVR, all with a '?'.
The CPU will then make cuts as if these OVR? were regular OVRs, so the result may be that veterans get cut.
Take this scenario: You have 3 QBs on the roster, rated 90, 72, and 67. Two UDFA QBs are added, with the ratings of 99?, and 85?. When the CPU makes it's cuts, it cuts the two lowest QBs, which it sees as the 72 and 67 OVR players. The end result is that the UDFA QBs stay on the roster, even though their actual OVRs are 44 and 50.
Now, that might not happen every time, but it will likely happen at some point in your franchise if you're not controlling all 32 teams. What you could do though is just let the CPU make its own cuts, and watch for stuff like the above. If it happens, just release the UDFAs and re-sign the original QBs yourself.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Thanks guys
Old 10-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
32 team control is a must imho if you even want a playable franchise. Then a hefty about of team editing after the ore season.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
Rookie

toolawyer's Arena

OVR: 2

If you do control 32 teams, and I recommend it, then there is a good way of dealing with cuts which makes it easy to remove UDFAs. It takes a bit of time but not forever by any means. I did not come up with this but I read it on another thread and credit to that guy. I think all UDFAs and only a couple of real players have 1 year contract, $310k and $0 bonus. It might be $300. Go into player management for every team. Make all those guys into punters and then you know where to go to cut them. This probably works best only when rosters are updated or you already have each time down to their real 53 man rosters anyway. The whole exercise takes about 30 minutes to an hour to change the players' positions and then the cuts are really easy. Helped me anyway.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolawyer
If you do control 32 teams, and I recommend it, then there is a good way of dealing with cuts which makes it easy to remove UDFAs. It takes a bit of time but not forever by any means. I did not come up with this but I read it on another thread and credit to that guy. I think all UDFAs and only a couple of real players have 1 year contract, $310k and $0 bonus. It might be $300. Go into player management for every team. Make all those guys into punters and then you know where to go to cut them. This probably works best only when rosters are updated or you already have each time down to their real 53 man rosters anyway. The whole exercise takes about 30 minutes to an hour to change the players' positions and then the cuts are really easy. Helped me anyway.
Yes. If you do not want to do all 32 team controll, this is the best method.

I can confirm that fake UDFA's will always have a contract of 1 year at 310K with no bonus. These are the ones you want to turn into Punters.

Also, you dont need to change ALL fake UDFA's to punters. Only the ones that are rated "99?" or "85?" or "75?" or higher. I generally change any fake UDFA with a "?" OVR rating of 60 or more. The ones rated less will be cut by the CPU anways.

Once you make them a punter or kicker or whatever... the CPU will then see them as "0?" OVR and will know to cut them.

(If they already happen to be a punter or kicker change them to a QB or any position that will get them to be "0?" OVR)

This process will take roughly 1 to 1.5 hours.

Taking 1 hour each and every pre-season is waaaaayyyyy better and easier than doing 32 team controll.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Rookie

toolawyer's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Yes. If you do not want to do all 32 team controll, this is the best method.

I can confirm that fake UDFA's will always have a contract of 1 year at 310K with no bonus. These are the ones you want to turn into Punters.

Also, you dont need to change ALL fake UDFA's to punters. Only the ones that are rated "99?" or "85?" or "75?" or higher. I generally change any fake UDFA with a "?" OVR rating of 60 or more. The ones rated less will be cut by the CPU anways.

Once you make them a punter or kicker or whatever... the CPU will then see them as "0?" OVR and will know to cut them.

(If they already happen to be a punter or kicker change them to a QB or any position that will get them to be "0?" OVR)

This process will take roughly 1 to 1.5 hours.

Taking 1 hour each and every pre-season is waaaaayyyyy better and easier than doing 32 team controll.
This absolutely. The 32 team control thing is a bind but I mainly do it so I can make sure the re-signing in the offseason doesn't go mad, cutting players that are never likely to get cut and so on.I also use it to make sure I can trade becuase I have no means of patching as I am not on xbox live. I tend to go through the above with a 32 team system and then have the cuts done automatically as it's still quicker than trying tondecide who to cut and so on. I also just let some through for realism after all UDFAs exist IRL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »