Home

Old 11-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Rookie

jack58's Arena

OVR: 0
Scouting

Unless I'm missing something, one thing I hate about the initial "regular season" scouting in M12 is you have zero skill info to decide who to scout, except size, age, school ... there should at least be some skills listed to base initial scouting off of like bench press strength, etc?

I mean as it is now it's just a player name and a school ... that's what we decide to scout off of???

Last edited by jack58; 11-06-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Scouting

nah i scout off of what i need ,weight n height.after i see certain attributes ill decide if i wanna continue scouting or not
Old 11-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

Sort by potential.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
You can sort by projected draft pick. But it's weird that you can't figure out how fast people are. It seems like that would be common knowledge.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Rookie

tiloj's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
You can sort by projected draft pick. But it's weird that you can't figure out how fast people are. It seems like that would be common knowledge.

This^ I would think the combine stats (40, bench, etc) should be available for every player. Considering scouting has turned out to be a bit too hard for most people because of lack of information (assuming you don't sort by potential or "cheat" in other ways) this would bridge that information gap nicely as well as being realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Rookie

jack58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Exactly! Absolutely amazes me how EA can miss on the most basic aspects of football every year? "Gee, I like this guy's name, school, and size so I think I'll scout him"?

BEFORE ANY player is ever scouted in the NFL ... at least a minimum amount of info would be available to a team. Things like appx strength/speed, game stats. Worst part is this had been in Madden for more than a decade before M12, you could at least base initial scouting off a player's bench press result, shuttle speed, etc. **** FAIL on EA's part imo. They need to mix in more real football knowledgeable fans in the dev team so that items like this will hopefully be thought of.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
Rookie

jack58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
Sort by than sorting by projected.
Can you sort players by potential before deciding to scout?

That seems like it might make it too easy, but with no player info available that would still make it more realistic than sorting by projected draft order.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack58
Can you sort players by potential before deciding to scout?

That seems like it might make it too easy, but with no player info available that would still make it more realistic than sorting by projected draft order.
Sorting by potential makes it more than easy. It's an exploit.

I agree that they should let people see 40 times and bench press stuff but it ought to become available during the combine and pro days, not during the regular season. Outside of that I feel like they did just fine with the scouting system this year. I don't know how knowledgable some of the critics are but the NFL draft is more of a crapshoot than anything. Teams are wrong way more then they are right, unless they get lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »