Home

Anyone else notice that PBK and RBK do NOT progress/change ever?

This is a discussion on Anyone else notice that PBK and RBK do NOT progress/change ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2011, 05:27 AM   #9
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Anyone else notice that PBK and RBK do NOT progress/change ever?

Either way to bring us back on point - it is extremely frustrating that basic stats like PBK, RBK, and THA do not progress AT ALL in franchise unless you go through and edit them yourself.

I am surprised this has not been noticed before now, but this really needs to be addressed/patched so you don't have to edit 10+ QBs and 30+ OLmen every off season.

Right now you need to keep track of every young OLman and QB for their first 3 years (the progression years) and "help" them or they don't develop correctly.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #10
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Either way to bring us back on point - it is extremely frustrating that basic stats like PBK, RBK, and THA do not progress AT ALL in franchise unless you go through and edit them yourself.

I am surprised this has not been noticed before now, but this really needs to be addressed/patched so you don't have to edit 10+ QBs and 30+ OLmen every off season.

Right now you need to keep track of every young OLman and QB for their first 3 years (the progression years) and "help" them or they don't develop correctly.
Could I edit a QB to be a kicker (or something) and then immediately edit him back to QB? And thus his stats will "snap" into place? I guess I would do this to each QB and OLman every pre-season right after progression/regression takes place?

Also is it possible this is just a display error? (As in stats are progressing correctly, just not displaying correctly?)
Old 11-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #11
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Could I edit a QB to be a kicker (or something) and then immediately edit him back to QB? And thus his stats will "snap" into place? I guess I would do this to each QB and OLman every pre-season right after progression/regression takes place?

Also is it possible this is just a display error? (As in stats are progressing correctly, just not displaying correctly?)
You don't need to "snap" him into place by editing to another position since you can do the same thing via the editing of a single attribute (remember you don't need to actually give the player more of an attribute, just change it/fiddle with it) - but honestly I have not tried it yet. It is something i will try.

It don't think it is a display error since the stats seems to back up the bug (Cam Newton played like a THA 85 QB in my simulations instead of 95). I will create a greater sample size sim set to be sure, since I did not cross-check for this possibility.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #12
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
You don't need to "snap" him into place by editing to another position since you can do the same thing via the editing of a single attribute (remember you don't need to actually give the player more of an attribute, just change it/fiddle with it) - but honestly I have not tried it yet. It is something i will try.

It don't think it is a display error since the stats seems to back up the bug (Cam Newton played like a THA 85 QB in my simulations instead of 95). I will create a greater sample size sim set to be sure, since I did not cross-check for this possibility.
Thanks Pandetta. I'll be interested in what you find.

So to be clear, I need to edit the QB/OLman up a point in any stat, save, and adjust the stat back to what it was, and re-save? Thus causing all stats to "snap" up to date?

Man.. good find though, I would have never noticed this.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #13
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

The attribute adjusted needs to be related to THA directly so the game recognizes it - so adjust SAC/MAC/DAC (any).

I would adjust any of these up or down any amount and then put the value back to its original number and exit accepting the change. You will not have made ANY change to any accuracy stat, you will have simply moved a number up 1 point and then back down a point (or w/e). You do need to accept the "change" and not discard changes when you exit the editing tool.

Simply going in and fiddling with the number is enough - the values don't have to go up or down after you save, they just have to have been changed in the editing tool temporarily.

Exit out, verify your THA has updated correctly and you can move on to the other 29 QBs that need to be updated :P

Pretty simple, but silly at the same time imo. If anyone has any questions on how to do this ask away!
Old 11-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #14
Rookie

tiloj's Arena

OVR: 1

Your original post said the block stats pbk and rbk worked the same way?

Can you update them the same way?

BTW huge thumbs up for catching this.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #15
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
The attribute adjusted needs to be related to THA directly so the game recognizes it - so adjust SAC/MAC/DAC (any).

I would adjust any of these up or down any amount and then put the value back to its original number and exit accepting the change. You will not have made ANY change to any accuracy stat, you will have simply moved a number up 1 point and then back down a point (or w/e). You do need to accept the "change" and not discard changes when you exit the editing tool.

Simply going in and fiddling with the number is enough - the values don't have to go up or down after you save, they just have to have been changed in the editing tool temporarily.

Exit out, verify your THA has updated correctly and you can move on to the other 29 QBs that need to be updated :P

Pretty simple, but silly at the same time imo. If anyone has any questions on how to do this ask away!
Ok, I gotcha now. So...

-For QB's I fiddle with a SAC/MAC/DAC stat to get THA to update.
-And for OLman I fiddle with ??? to get PBK and RBK to update.

(Man, between this and turning all UDFA's into Punters.. each pre-season is looking like lotsa editing.)

Good catch though, I would have never notices this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

when creating a player the PBK and RBK do not change the players overall either. I started with create a player left everything at the start point and raised 1 rating to 100 to see how much it would raise the OVR. Each player has 10 or more ratings that effect the OVR the most was around 22 (TE).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »