Home

Anyone else notice that PBK and RBK do NOT progress/change ever?

This is a discussion on Anyone else notice that PBK and RBK do NOT progress/change ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #41
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Anyone else notice that PBK and RBK do NOT progress/change ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets
What's the THA quick fix?
If you read my original post on the first page I talk about this, in post #4 I specifically detail how to quick fix the THA attribute for QBs.

Basically you just edit a QB (you don't need to change anything, just change and change back). and it will auto update the THA. This does not work for RBK/PBK sadly.

I have had no success seeing the EA devs address this issue unfortunately. This issue is probably the single biggest statistically problematic glitch in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #42
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

I've noticed them drop, but never go up.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
If you read my original post on the first page I talk about this, in post #4 I specifically detail how to quick fix the THA attribute for QBs.

Basically you just edit a QB (you don't need to change anything, just change and change back). and it will auto update the THA. This does not work for RBK/PBK sadly.

I have had no success seeing the EA devs address this issue unfortunately. This issue is probably the single biggest statistically problematic glitch in the game.
Thanks. Figured I was being annoying and it was addressed somewhere simple, but I had seen this brought up in other threads without explanation and as someone who puts a ton of time into their 32-team franchise, was hoping to get it figured out. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #44
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I've noticed them drop, but never go up.
Which skills specifically have you noticed drop? PBK? RBK? THA? Or all 3?

I also wonder if this is by design.. although I cant imagine why... Surely THA is not by design since you can "fix" it with the method described in post #4 by Pandetta.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am sure glad that this was caught, I was wondering why Cam Newton was still playing like a rookie in sim games after his 3rd year and very high pass accuracy ratings and why some of my young OL have been not playing up to their progression. This is a really franchise breaking glitch that needs to be fixed ASAP imo, I say we keep blowing up the Devs twitter and stay on their back about it. Its the only way to get things done I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

The system that I am using to alter the PBK and RBK accordingly for linemen is

Block strength + Block footwork /2 = Overall Blocking rating

So, let's say a C has a PBS of 95 and a PBF of 82, then the resulting formula is 95+82=177/2 = 88.5, so then the PBK would be 88.

Alternatively, you can add Impact Blocking to the mix and divide it by 3 instead of 2 in order to get the average to be used for the block ratings.

Also, I believe that RBK and PBK are important for not only OL but RB, FB, TE and sometimes WR. But most important, the TE and FB as they block more than WR and RB do.

On my franchise, I went through and updated all of the QB's no matter how long they were in the league (I skipped rookies). Those who were in their latter years saw a drop in THA since their skills are diminishing. I will only edit the Block ratings of my own team since editing every single player who needs that stat would be VERY time consuming, especially with using the formulas.

EA really needs to patch this, I wouldn't care if this was the only thing they did in a patch, this is a serious problem that needs to be fixed.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #47
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Which skills specifically have you noticed drop? PBK? RBK? THA? Or all 3?

I also wonder if this is by design.. although I cant imagine why... Surely THA is not by design since you can "fix" it with the method described in post #4 by Pandetta.
Carl Nicks RBK dropped 2 points after the first season but the footwork and strength went up. I didn't understand it.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #48
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog323
I am sure glad that this was caught, I was wondering why Cam Newton was still playing like a rookie in sim games after his 3rd year and very high pass accuracy ratings and why some of my young OL have been not playing up to their progression. This is a really franchise breaking glitch that needs to be fixed ASAP imo, I say we keep blowing up the Devs twitter and stay on their back about it. Its the only way to get things done I guess.
Do you have Twitter?

Blast away.. I dont do twitter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog323
The system that I am using to alter the PBK and RBK accordingly for linemen is

Block strength + Block footwork /2 = Overall Blocking rating

So, let's say a C has a PBS of 95 and a PBF of 82, then the resulting formula is 95+82=177/2 = 88.5, so then the PBK would be 88.

Alternatively, you can add Impact Blocking to the mix and divide it by 3 instead of 2 in order to get the average to be used for the block ratings.

Also, I believe that RBK and PBK are important for not only OL but RB, FB, TE and sometimes WR. But most important, the TE and FB as they block more than WR and RB do.

On my franchise, I went through and updated all of the QB's no matter how long they were in the league (I skipped rookies). Those who were in their latter years saw a drop in THA since their skills are diminishing. I will only edit the Block ratings of my own team since editing every single player who needs that stat would be VERY time consuming, especially with using the formulas.

EA really needs to patch this, I wouldn't care if this was the only thing they did in a patch, this is a serious problem that needs to be fixed.
Well THA and PBK and RBK only affect simmed games. So if you're only fixing the guys on your team this actually doesnt do much. (Assuming you play all/most of your own teams games.)

Since CPU teams players will still have stunted THA, PBK, and RBK... they will still suffer and a few years into franchise things will be fubar in general.

I cant tell you how dissapointed I am to see this bug. It makes me realize the effort put into franchise mode is really not worth my time since it has this fundamental flaw.

And worse, I have no faith EA is aware of or will ever do anything to fix it.

If they cant be bothered to fix penalties after all these years, they wont be bothered with this.

I honestly think this one issue has ruined my desire to play Madden franchise. Its only worth playing single season and quick-matches on-line.

Off-line franchise is FUBAR.

Last edited by kpkpkp; 12-15-2011 at 08:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »