Home

any news on a new patch coming?

This is a discussion on any news on a new patch coming? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11
any news on a new patch coming?

has anyone heard of a new patch coming?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: any news on a new patch coming?

I'm trying to remember last year. I think we got the third patch in late November. But that was with the game being released on 08/13 instead of 08/30, so maybe mid-December?

I'm wondering if they're ever going to use that tuner set function they installed this year? I thought they could tune the QB accuracy stats, the DE getting more pressure while the DT getting a little less pressure, stuff like that.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Maybe they are saving the tuner sets for when they are done with patches?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

They(EA/Tiburon) need to let us know something. Does anybody even know what the Data tuner is for? Stats, gameplay, or both? So hopefully we will get info about the patches or data tuning soon.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

Im loving the game, but if they're gonna neglect a feature they so highly touted about pre-release to help resolve issues and stuff without the need for a patch, then I will sit out the next madden until something more concrete is fleshed out.

There are some minor issues with a couple major ones that still need to be addressed and hopefully news of a new patch hits on this and we can be done with patches and finally get some use out of those tuner updates!

Im not even thinking of a madden 13 right now hoping for something to come of these patches or supposed tuner function!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
They(EA/Tiburon) need to let us know something. Does anybody even know what the Data tuner is for? Stats, gameplay, or both? So hopefully we will get info about the patches or data tuning soon.
The tuners are a set of sliders that can be adjusted to impact various facets of how each game plays. In the case of the "NHL" series, this could be anything from how effective poke checks are to skating speed; basically, wholesale adjustments which impact the way each game plays. Tuner sets, officially released updates to the game's tuners for online play, essentially allow EA to circumvent the lengthy process of having an official title update approved for download. Glitches still need to be patched of course, but tuners offer a quick and easy method for re-balancing online play after release.

from what i found here guess its for online play but even so games going on being out 3 months and theres alot of problems online so is EA saying they dont see what ppl complain about online play?
Old 11-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

The last patch arrived around the second week of December last year. It tightened up the wide open zone D last year.

Who knows what is being planned? That patch wasn't announced until it was released, it was a surprise to everyone.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The last patch arrived around the second week of December last year. It tightened up the wide open zone D last year.

Who knows what is being planned? That patch wasn't announced until it was released, it was a surprise to everyone.

i guess thats there way of giving us a christmas present

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »