Home

Is Madden 12 a good game

This is a discussion on Is Madden 12 a good game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden 12 a good game

Seriously, someone mentioned Madden 05 or 06. I seem to remember that one of those had a great tutorial narrated by John Madden himself on the basic fundamentals of American Football. I would assume those years are dirt cheap nowadays. It might be worth investing just for that tutorial alone. Then, get yourself a copy of the current game.
BTW, I've lost complete confidence that next years game will be any better than this year.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Madden 12 by far is the best Madden on this generation of consoles to date. And on the field is the best ever.

The only thing last gen Madden (at it's best with Madden 2005 and 2007) holds over Madden 12 is the presentation approach of franchise mode and few other features in franchise mode like position battles and some training camp mini games. Little things like newspaper headlines and local papers, a Tony Bruno Radio Show playing in your franchise menu.

Some will argue the gameplay was better. I just don't get that at all. It feels so arcade to me going back and playing it. The player movement, the fluidity and the running game....total arcade feel and that goes for both Madden and 2K. And please let's not turn this thread into a flame war....who cares about last gen. It's over.

Madden today is 10x's smoother, much more realistic and the AI is far better now than last gen if your a offline franchise player.

If your looking for the very best Madden to date....wait till black Friday and go grab it for under 40 bucks. I would not bother with Madden 10 or 11. Those games are not going to do it for you over the long term.

Madden 12 despite some franchise AI warts and awful play by play/color commentary is the best the series has produced to date.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
BTW, I've lost complete confidence that next years game will be any better than this year.
I disagree.

The sound will be improved over what we have now because they have a new sound technology.

Gameplay, 12 was much better than 11.

Your call on the confidence level, but I'm not anywhere near yours.

Time will tell.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #20
Pro

I don't mind if you disagree I'm just saying that I think there's just as much chance of the game moving forward as there is of the game moving backward due to the apparent personel turnover from year to year. They need to place one guy from 05 or 06 in charge, and then leave him alone.
With new personel, they tend to reinvent the wheel every season.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Seriously, someone mentioned Madden 05 or 06. I seem to remember that one of those had a great tutorial narrated by John Madden himself on the basic fundamentals of American Football. I would assume those years are dirt cheap nowadays. It might be worth investing just for that tutorial alone. Then, get yourself a copy of the current game.
I have to side with Roadman on this. Just seems like a unusual statement to make now considering where the game has come from the last 6-7 years. This is the only year I feel this strongly about Madden being "there" next year. A weaker case could have been made for M11 considering what M10 tried to accomplish, imo, but nothing along the lines of some of what M12 accomplished and laid a solid foundation for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #22
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't why people are telling you the game is not quite as good as it should be. A total beginner is not going to be able tell the difference anyhow. It would be nice if someone could post a youtube videoclip of "football 101" from the M05 or whatever year it was from. I'll dig around my closet tomorrow and see if I can find my old copy of Madden 05 and post that tutorial on youtube. I've already searched youtube and can't find it. But seriously, the game is really not THAT bad, people are just disapointed with it because it doesn't play exactly right but what football game does?? Don't start a 2k debate here... LOL!!!

Even that game has it's problems...
Old 11-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy
I don't why people are telling you the game is not quite as good as it should be. A total beginner is not going to be able tell the difference anyhow. It would be nice if someone could post a youtube videoclip of "football 101" from the M05 or whatever year it was from. I'll dig around my closet tomorrow and see if I can find my old copy of Madden 05 and post that tutorial on youtube. I've already searched youtube and can't find it. But seriously, the game is really not THAT bad, people are just disapointed with it because it doesn't play exactly right but what football game does?? Don't start a 2k debate here... LOL!!!

Even that game has it's problems...
I have nothing against you personally but statements that make it seem like reasonable people expect a perfect/"exactly right" football game, irk me. My personal disappointment and the disappointment I have read expressed by most others, has nothing to do with an expectation of perfection. It is mostly about expectations set by what other football gameS, past and present have been able to accomplish, while next-gen Madden seemingly did the bare minimum or less.

I haven't really cared for NBA basketball since the Jordan era Krause/Risendorff fiasco or been enthralled by RPG's since early Final Fantasy but NBA2k12 and Skyrim, imperfections included, will consume my video game life for now. The point being, I LOVE NFL football and I should be an easy consumer win for EA with Madden, no perfection needed.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I don't mind if you disagree I'm just saying that I think there's just as much chance of the game moving forward as there is of the game moving backward due to the apparent personel turnover from year to year. They need to place one guy from 05 or 06 in charge, and then leave him alone.
With new personel, they tend to reinvent the wheel every season.

The new guy in charge has been impressive. He was a former 4 year DIV 2 starter in college.

I just think it's way too early to deem the franchise will go backwards based on the foundation of 12 and the new guy in charge without seeing any evidence at this stage.

Last edited by roadman; 11-14-2011 at 09:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »