Home

Clue attributes when scouting

This is a discussion on Clue attributes when scouting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Seeker7's Arena

OVR: 0
Clue attributes when scouting

Looking for some other expert input here. When going in to combine scouting, and trying to determine which players to send to the combine, what attributes uncovered in season scouting do you use to make that determination?

QBs are irrelevant since I scout all of them on Pro Days, but somethimes do a combine on guys with high ELUSIVENESS just to see their injury rating.

RBs are easy, I look at STIFF ARM, and JUKE MOVE

TEs I tend to look at JUKE MOVE first, then STIFF ARM

OLs are easy, just look at RBK and PBK

DT. ?????????????????

DE. ?????????????????

LBs I look at HIT POWER. They get a lot of Pro Day love as well.

DBs. ??????????????????

FS. ??????????????????

SS. ??????????????????

Last edited by Seeker7; 11-23-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2011, 02:19 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Clue attributes when scouting

WR: CTH, CIT, RTE. SPD and ACC is a plus, though I'll work with a Bess-type just as much as a Andre Johnson-type.

DE: SPD, ACC, PUR, BSH. AWR and moves are a bonus.

DT: ACC, BSH. TAK and POW are a bonus.

LB: AWR, PUR and TAK. MCV/ZCV is a bonus as is SPD, POW, BSH. I'm big on LBs and demand a lot from them.

CB: MCV, ZCV mostly. CTH is a bonus for picks. SPD is a bonus to match speedy WR

SS/FS: ZCV and CTH. SPD is a plus to make up for mistakes or try to prevent big plays from turning into disasters.

I haven't done much scouting with the rest just yet given the teams I'm using and being a defense-first type of GM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Seeker7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
WR: CTH, CIT, RTE. SPD and ACC is a plus, though I'll work with a Bess-type just as much as a Andre Johnson-type.

DE: SPD, ACC, PUR, BSH. AWR and moves are a bonus.

DT: ACC, BSH. TAK and POW are a bonus.

LB: AWR, PUR and TAK. MCV/ZCV is a bonus as is SPD, POW, BSH. I'm big on LBs and demand a lot from them.

CB: MCV, ZCV mostly. CTH is a bonus for picks. SPD is a bonus to match speedy WR

SS/FS: ZCV and CTH. SPD is a plus to make up for mistakes or try to prevent big plays from turning into disasters.

I haven't done much scouting with the rest just yet given the teams I'm using and being a defense-first type of GM.
I think you missed the point of the thread. What attributes uncovered during "in season scouting" clue you in to choose them for more scouting during the offseason?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3

For SS's the hit power is a pretty good clue to find a good one
Old 11-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3

CB: is tough I have drafted a lot of C potential corners. I have found that players with a high injury rating are generally better. This is any position
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL78
For SS's the hit power is a pretty good clue to find a good one
This. If I need a safety, I'll try to scout as many as I can during regular season, then scout those with high hit power further in the combine. Usually, if a guy has high speed, hit power and can catch/run with the ball at least somewhat, he'll be a good safety more often than not.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OchoOcho88's Arena

OVR: 1

In my many seasons of franchise scouting i have found that when drafting corners, the 1st-3rd projected round prospects are usually busts. I have found that the better of the corners are projected in the 4th round. Not really answering the question but that has been my observations when scouting corners.

I once drafted both 1st round projected corners in my cowboys franchise to find out they were low 60s rated with C & D potential. Then to find out that i picked the best player in the draft in the 4th round that was an 84 overall corner with A potential. Goes to show that those later round draft picks matter too.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #8
Rookie

I have found that players with a high injury rating are generally better. This is any position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »