Home

Can I win the MVP with Desean?

This is a discussion on Can I win the MVP with Desean? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3
Can I win the MVP with Desean?

I started a rams franchise, wanted to utilize a vertical offense so I traded for disgruntled desean jackson. Traded away sam bradford to the dolphins for a couple first rounder. Then went out and nabbed Ryan Mallett to so have a rocket arm running my new offense. My question is can I win the mvp with desean if I keep up this pace, through 2 games (i know it's early) he has 2 receiving touchdowns, 2 rushing touchdowns (wildcat and end arounds) and also has a return touchdown. If he can keep scoring in multiple ways like this could a receiver possibly win the mvp award? what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Can I win the MVP with Desean?

Are you talking about per game MVP or yearly MVP. With the yearly MVP is is very hard for WR to win it. Most of the time either a RB or QB will be the only postions that would win the MVP for the year. Really that is in the NFL aswell.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

If you have the type of year Jerry Rice did in 1987, then yes. 1,078 receiving yards and 22 TDs in 12 games.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

I think 2,000+ receiving yards, 500+ rushing yards, 30+ receiving/rushing TD's, 3+ return TD's should do it unless a QB has a freak year. I had Aaron Rodgers throw 6k yards and 58 TD's in all sim games once.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

I mean the yearly mvp, and pure receiving stats probably wont cut it, for one I have a rookie throwing to him, and 2 if it was just receiving stats the qb would probably get the credit anyways. IM going to make the offense run through desean, he's already scored 5 touchdowns in 2 games, scored 3 different ways. If he continues to score three ways and dominate in all purpose yards and help carry the team to the playoffs with a rookie qb, how can he not be a candidate

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddt
I mean the yearly mvp, and pure receiving stats probably wont cut it, for one I have a rookie throwing to him, and 2 if it was just receiving stats the qb would probably get the credit anyways. IM going to make the offense run through desean, he's already scored 5 touchdowns in 2 games, scored 3 different ways. If he continues to score three ways and dominate in all purpose yards and help carry the team to the playoffs with a rookie qb, how can he not be a candidate

You're also going to need a little luck. Brees, Manning, Brady, and Rodgers are going to be tough to beat out if they have great seasons. The game overvalues QB's a little for MVP
Old 11-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
Rookie

mannyt55's Arena

OVR: 2

It's possible, just gotta have insane numbers, and like they said, have no QB or RB dominate that year.

In one season I saw Cromartie win the AFC MVP. Then again, he broke the INT record with 15, had 2 sacks and returned like 4/5 of those INTs for TDs.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

Well I played a lot tonight, in week 9 now and desean is infact leading the mvp race, through 7 games he has 44 catches, 1000 yards receiving, 11 receiving touchdowns, 150 rushing yards, 2 rushing touchdowns, 2 punt return touchdowns and 1 kick return touchdown

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »