Home

Trades that flow really nicely with eachother?

This is a discussion on Trades that flow really nicely with eachother? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25
Trades that flow really nicely with eachother?

What I mean is, have you done any trades in Franchise that flowed really well together? In my old Bears franchise I traded Lance Briggs, and a 5th rounder for Brandon Marshall. They had around the same overall, but Briggs was older, so I added in a mid-to-late draft pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
Rookie

RoudybushONU's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Trades that flow really nicely with eachother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadlerT
What I mean is, have you done any trades in Franchise that flowed really well together? In my old Bears franchise I traded Lance Briggs, and a 5th rounder for Brandon Marshall. They had around the same overall, but Briggs was older, so I added in a mid-to-late draft pick.
To be honest Miami probably would have laughed at that trade, maybe a 3rd rounder would make it better. That's a good move bringing in a big receiver though.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoudybushONU
To be honest Miami probably would have laughed at that trade, maybe a 3rd rounder would make it better. That's a good move bringing in a big receiver though.

Thanks for the feedback, haha. But I felt that Cutler needed someone to work with. And Briggs wanted out IRL. So I just found a receiver close to his overall.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

I just did a trade in my 32 team franchise that I thought was kind of cool. Cleveland ended up with the first pick next year's draft and took a QB. After the QB had a great preseason, I decided that they should start him from day 1 instead of having him sit for a while. That made Colt McCoy expendable.

Enter the Colts, who skipped on a QB in the first two rounds, anticipating a healthy and successful return from Peyton Manning for the 2012 season. They jumped on the opportunity to add McCoy on the cheap (since the Browns had little leverage in any trade), sending their 2013 3rd and 5th round picks to Cleveland (with the 3rd conditionally turning into a second rounder if Colt McCoy starts a game for the Colts in 2012).

In my opinion everybody wins in this trade. The Browns got a pretty good (and IMO realistic) deal for a guy that really no longer had value for them. The Colts got a legit QB of the future and some insurance for Manning. McCoy now gets to sit and learn behind one of the greatest QBs of all time before taking the reins himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 11-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
Rookie

RoudybushONU's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
I just did a trade in my 32 team franchise that I thought was kind of cool. Cleveland ended up with the first pick next year's draft and took a QB. After the QB had a great preseason, I decided that they should start him from day 1 instead of having him sit for a while. That made Colt McCoy expendable.

Enter the Colts, who skipped on a QB in the first two rounds, anticipating a healthy and successful return from Peyton Manning for the 2012 season. They jumped on the opportunity to add McCoy on the cheap (since the Browns had little leverage in any trade), sending their 2013 3rd and 5th round picks to Cleveland (with the 3rd conditionally turning into a second rounder if Colt McCoy starts a game for the Colts in 2012).

In my opinion everybody wins in this trade. The Browns got a pretty good (and IMO realistic) deal for a guy that really no longer had value for them. The Colts got a legit QB of the future and some insurance for Manning. McCoy now gets to sit and learn behind one of the greatest QBs of all time before taking the reins himself.
I agree it's a decent trade but Colt McCoy isn't worth a 3rd and a 5th, especially if the 3rd can become a 2nd. I am a die hard Cleveland fan, I love Colt McCoy some weeks but he isn't worth that.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »