Home

Where Are The Madden NFL 12 Tuner Sets and Online Franchise Roster Updates?

This is a discussion on Where Are The Madden NFL 12 Tuner Sets and Online Franchise Roster Updates? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Where Are The Madden NFL 12 Tuner Sets and Online Franchise Roster Updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This seems to have turned into a hate Madden thread.

On the issue of tuner sets, I think that smart gamers should expect none in M13, regardless of what the developers tell us.

For Madden, it is realistic to expect an opening-day patch, a second patch in October some time, and semi-regular roster updates. You have to block out the PR and let the track record set your expectations.

I'm a critic, but I think this game is far from atrocious. It's pretty darn good, especially when you get the right sliders, schemes, priorities, and player types set up right. The game plays dynamically and is aesthetically pretty good.

I don't even want much tuned this year. I only want less rush from the DTs--that's it. But I've already fixed that myself.

The most important thing is to be realistic in our expectations--we know by now what we will and won't get, and we should be skeptical as a group until we're proven wrong.
I disagree TM and here is why. First off Online Franchise mode has no option to sliders, yet this was supposed to be a feature that got pulled at last min. So when people say "Yea Sliders help", I will respond with "Yea for HALF the game you purchased". So technically the other half is not up to par with how you would like it to be.

Plus Sliders AND ratings do very little to the game. You can literally crank sliders down to ZERO and see very small changes in behavior. You can also go even further and adjust rating to ZERO and still see very little changes.

So while sliders make subtle changes to the game we currently have. You can't adjust it past certain spots that are hardcoded into the game. Which then makes the game only so adjustable to your liking.

I personally still play Madden at least once a week and I enjoy it. But from a non-biased point of view the game is broken or poorly designed on many many levels. That is just my honest perception of the product. It is fun to play and I enjoy playing it against my buddies but as far as it FEELING like football and PLAYING like what I watch on Sunday. I just don't see that at all.

Now as far as this becoming a "hate Madden" thread, I don't believe. I think people can express their unhappiness with how the patches and tuners were never utilized. I think we as devoted football gamers SHOULD vocally say what we ENJOY and DISLIKE about the game. Other wise how will they the developers know what we the community don't like or what we would like to see worked on some more.

I think it is a largely known issue that Madden has felt "floaty" and lack any sense of weight or momentum. I personally think it is a design decision on purpose for the sake of control. Which I disagree with, it should portray the game as it is on Sunday.

Also another known issue has continued to be the O-line vs D-line. EA has acknowledged this and tried to make changes to fix it. But something is hardcoded into the game that ratings or sliders can't repair. So that leads to a new engine of that system they have in place or a complete overhaul of the current one in use.

So just these two areas you can see are deeper issues than just sliders or ratings. They are designed or poorly executed areas in the game that need big improvements on. They (EA) are the only people with access to the tools to repair these areas and I have to think there is systems in place now that a TUNER or PATCH could at least repair these areas slightly better than what they are now. So why don't we get these kinds of fixes?? That is my biggest complaint!! These tools were implemented for a reason yet they go unused.

Last edited by Phobia; 12-08-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #82
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Phobia;

Good to see you back on here again.

You are right about sliders. I don't go online, so for me, I adjust the sliders to my liking like any other sports game and go from there. Yes, I do feel bad about people who play online. Supposedly, the guy from NCAA came over to the Madden side to build online for 13 and beyond.

I just don't think tuners and patches will fix the items you and I agree on. As you said earlier, a new engine might fix those issues.

We can only hope the new leaders will start bringing more NFL type football to Madden.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Phobia;

Good to see you back on here again.

You are right about sliders. I don't go online, so for me, I adjust the sliders to my liking like any other sports game and go from there. Yes, I do feel bad about people who play online. Supposedly, the guy from NCAA came over to the Madden side to build online for 13 and beyond.

I just don't think tuners and patches will fix the items you and I agree on. As you said earlier, a new engine might fix those issues.

We can only hope the new leaders will start bringing more NFL type football to Madden.
We can only hope Road. Cause all I want is a true football game worthy of being at the top of the sports genre' like The Show.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 49
Cant believe it is now 2012 and not a single tuner set.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #85
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Too little too late. This ship has run its course. Get what u can out of it and move on before the trade/sell value drops too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »