Home

why is the OT rule different online and offline?

This is a discussion on why is the OT rule different online and offline? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
why is the OT rule different online and offline?

i've played alot of games offline and just started playing online this yr so my question is why is the OT rule different offline and online? i know we all heard the OT rules and i know EA made them playoffs rules for OT but why are they different between the 2? offline if u go to OT and if u kick a FG the game ends against the cmp but online if u kick a FG against a human the game continues and they get a shot to score and win the game. i ask this today because i lost a game today because of this rule that i came back and thought i had won with a 52 yard fg in OT which would of been a 3 game winning streak for me only find out the game continued and i lost. EA needs to fix this rule and inply it only to playoffs not online games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: why is the OT rule different online and offline?

Come to think of it, I can't recall ever going to OT in an online ranked game but I agree with the premise. Online ranked games are like playoff games considering it is essentially single game elimination.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: why is the OT rule different online and offline?

Offline games are exhibition or Super Bowl... The OT rules play according to whichever setting you choose to begin the game. If you're in a Franchise, pre-season and regular season games allow a FG to win in OT. In the playoffs, the playoff rules kick in (I assume, I wouldn't be caught dead playing Franchise).

Online games are another story. They are all treated like single playoff games. Some don't like that they are treated like playoff games because there's no lead up before nor any round games afterward. It's as if each game were a Super Bowl minus the Super Bowl presentation.

That said, I treat every game like it's a playoff game. Every snap is important. So it doesn't bother me that EA treats online RANKED games like playoff games. I just wish everyone would.

Later
Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: why is the OT rule different online and offline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Offline games are exhibition or Super Bowl... The OT rules play according to whichever setting you choose to begin the game. If you're in a Franchise, pre-season and regular season games allow a FG to win in OT. In the playoffs, the playoff rules kick in (I assume, I wouldn't be caught dead playing Franchise).

Online games are another story. They are all treated like single playoff games. Some don't like that they are treated like playoff games because there's no lead up before nor any round games afterward. It's as if each game were a Super Bowl minus the Super Bowl presentation.

That said, I treat every game like it's a playoff game. Every snap is important. So it doesn't bother me that EA treats online RANKED games like playoff games. I just wish everyone would.

Later
I agree with you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »