Home

Constant No-Huddle in Online Play

This is a discussion on Constant No-Huddle in Online Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Constant No-Huddle in Online Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
In Madden it is an issue, Agreed!
Thats another reason people use the No-Huddle constantly. I've seen the whole O-line out sprint my OLB B. Orakpo 60yds downfield?!? I don't see that Sundays.

How bout just make it like I "See on Sundays", O-lineman are not going to out run my fastest defenders 50-60yds downfield after a big play.
Why is this fair that the O-lineman all turn into Randy Moss and get set 60yds downfield in 4.4 seconds?
If anything thats penalizing the defense imo.
Continue...........
Don't tell me... Custom sliders? (oops - forgot this is online play).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
No the same does not apply to Madden players. Its just a video game. If you take Madden that serious then you need to get out more. To call someone a wuss or whatever because they complained about someone running no huddle all game is ridiculous. And to me is just being a internet thug, video game bully or whatever you want to call it. That makes them even more of a wuss.
We agree on some things. Not the other. Here's where we disagree. To complain about someone running no huddle is what's ridiculous. It's just a video game.

What you call being an internet thug/video game bully is how I compete - PERIOD. Doesn't matter if were running, playing football, basketball, scrabble, connect 4, etc... Same intensity - same goal. ALWAYS. Lets just say if you aren't competitive you don't want me on your team - and if you are, you don't want to face me.

Ordinarily I wouldn't say things like this in the OS boards but I though it fitting to say it like I would elsewhere so pardon the phrasing... I hate when sissies cry about why they couldn't compete.

Suck it up and quit crying like a lil ole biscuit. Even tough guys can have a biscuit moment... But when you tell them about it, they acknowledge it an move on. The punks get rattled and can no longer function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
I didnt hear nobody saying Verlander was a wuss when his no hitter was broken up late in the game by a bunt, then after the game he basically called it a bush league move.
You would have if you had seen the press conference with me... Except I didn't say wuss.

Regarding No-huddle on every play - PLAY DEFENSE (it works, I promise).

Later

Last edited by TNT713; 12-25-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

For the record - I'm 190 - 50 online, always play with the panthers (76 overall) and while i run a pretty intense, spread out, aggressive offense just like the real panthers, it's not cheesey,, and i don't run no-huddle....hit me up if you wanna take me on PS3 Sin0180, i'm one of the best

Aaaaanways, no huddle is a part of the damn game. Set up acouple good defensive audibles and understand the personel group they are using. No huddle greatly limits the play calling of the other team. Can it be gay? yes, very much so. Can it be stopped? yes, very much so. I play a a base 4 -3 defense 99% of the game with 2.5 bumbs (Munnerlyn 75, Martin 77, kinda Godfrey 82) in the secondary and i still shut people down with simple, sound defense.

My defensive line is pretty shotty too (92, 81, 71, 79) and i still get good pressure BTW, yall complain ALOT. If you can't stop hurry-up you need to increase you football IQ develope you defense better, simple and plain

And of my 50 losses, a good 15 or so are from straight up quits, some people are going to take full advatage of every little cheap @ss thing they can, just quit and move on, it's one loss. Get over it, if your good it doesn't matter, Winning 80%

and while he is alittle intense afew of you should take note.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713

What you call being an internet thug/video game bully is how I compete - PERIOD. Doesn't matter if were running, playing football, basketball, scrabble, connect 4, etc... Same intensity - same goal. ALWAYS. Lets just say if you aren't competitive you don't want me on your team - and if you are, you don't want to face me.

hate when sissies cry about why they couldn't compete.

Suck it up and quit crying like a lil ole biscuit. Even tough guys can have a biscuit moment... But when you tell them about it, they acknowledge it an move on. The punks get rattled and can no longer function.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #67
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin18
For the record - I'm 190 - 50 online, always play with the panthers (76 overall) and while i run a pretty intense, spread out, aggressive offense just like the real panthers, it's not cheesey,, and i don't run no-huddle....hit me up if you wanna take me on PS3 Sin0180, i'm one of the best

Aaaaanways, no huddle is a part of the damn game. Set up acouple good defensive audibles and understand the personel group they are using. No huddle greatly limits the play calling of the other team. Can it be gay? yes, very much so. Can it be stopped? yes, very much so. I play a a base 4 -3 defense 99% of the game with 2.5 bumbs (Munnerlyn 75, Martin 77, kinda Godfrey 82) in the secondary and i still shut people down with simple, sound defense.

My defensive line is pretty shotty too (92, 81, 71, 79) and i still get good pressure BTW, yall complain ALOT. If you can't stop hurry-up you need to increase you football IQ develope you defense better, simple and plain

And of my 50 losses, a good 15 or so are from straight up quits, some people are going to take full advatage of every little cheap @ss thing they can, just quit and move on, it's one loss. Get over it, if your good it doesn't matter, Winning 80%

and while he is alittle intense afew of you should take note.....

Once again it seems like someone is correlating complaining about issues in Madden in relation to realism with losing or not being able to overcome them. They are two different things, apples and oranges, whatever. Winning or losing has very little, if anything, to do with the point. I don't want to win or lose against, using or adapting to unrealistic, fixable tactics. I want realistic football represented in next-gen Madden at least on par but preferably superior in 2011 to football video games from last generation consoles.

This is a Madden forum, which is the proper place for people to discuss, not play Madden. Complaining about issues in Madden, in a constructive manner, is just as valid and permitted as praising Madden or pointing out work arounds to these issues. However, making a post stating people complain "alot" about problems in Madden while consistently explaining how to work around problems in Madden, should be self explanatory. lol
Old 12-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Once again it seems like someone is correlating complaining about issues in Madden in relation to realism with losing or not being able to overcome them. They are two different things, apples and oranges, whatever. Winning or losing has very little, if anything, to do with the point. I don't want to win or lose against, using or adapting to unrealistic, fixable tactics. I want realistic football represented in next-gen Madden at least on par but preferably superior in 2011 to football video games from last generation consoles.

This is a Madden forum, which is the proper place for people to discuss, not play Madden. Complaining about issues in Madden, in a constructive manner, is just as valid and permitted as praising Madden or pointing out work arounds to these issues. However, making a post stating people complain "alot" about problems in Madden while consistently explaining how to work around problems in Madden, should be self explanatory. lol
This post nails exactly what I was trying to say earlier. The frustration with the game does not come from losing games. This is where the disconnect is with some of the posters on this thread. I win a lot. I've also lost my share of games, but I win a lot more than not. That doesn't change how I feel, because winning is not the ULTIMATE goal. If I simply wanted to win, I'd play connect 4 against 1st graders. The whole point is the goings on while trying to win. Am I winning playing a football game, or am I attempting to win playing a video game that has football as its foundation but does very little to replicate the sport. I'm interested in playing football.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:00 AM   #69
Banned

The practical approach utilizes some of the same skills whiners use to wish the next version of Madden would do _____ better applied in a different way. We analyze and witness the same flaws everyone else sees - then we avoid those flaws.

How well does the academic approach work to combat no-huddle?

Oh yeah, Season II of the "2-Minute Drill" is out: Here's episode 1 (inspired by this thread).

Enjoy!

Later
Old 12-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #70
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@TNT, I will personally try to discuss this for the last time and hopefully you will not "talk around" the point. There is room in this Madden forum for all types of discussion, even applying Madden "strategy" and tactics or countering them. However, in a thread started specifically dealing with the underlying issues/complaints with a certain Madden "strategy" or tactic, posting for others to "man up" and suggesting counters, is neither constructive or on topic to the discussion, imo.

Now, if you where going to come and make a point of why "constant no-huddle in online play" represented in Madden is in fact realistic when compared to NFL, I think that is very constructive and on topic. That said, consistently stating "If it can be countered than it's NFL realistic" does not make that point, imo.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@TNT, I will personally try to discuss this for the last time and hopefully you will not "talk around" the point. There is room in this Madden forum for all types of discussion, even applying Madden "strategy" and tactics or countering them. However, in a thread started specifically dealing with the underlying issues/complaints with a certain Madden "strategy" or tactic, posting for others to "man up" and suggesting counters, is neither constructive or on topic to the discussion, imo.

Now, if you where going to come and make a point of why "constant no-huddle in online play" represented in Madden is in fact realistic when compared to NFL, I think that is very constructive and on topic. That said, consistently stating "If it can be countered than it's NFL realistic" does not make that point, imo.
BigFNDeal,

The argument that "if it's counterable it's NFL realistic" isn't my argument. Rather, I argue that people who are NFL realistic will find a counter.

"MAN UP" is always appropriate in the football sense. Remember, rough game played by tough men. As much as we seem to disagree, I'm sure we both are aware that arguing one side without the other would be disingenuous.

Skill, preparedness, and the mental toughness to fight through adversity and get the job done are all requirements whenever we face any strategy we dislike. Moreso when we feel there is a programming challenge to overcome.

That said, I agree there are reasons people might feel disadvantaged against no-huddle that have less to do with programming and more to do with the user.

I'm sure that if I tried I could think of 10 reasons no-huddle was unfair based on any number of things the user could do but shouldn't have to. Not my style. Whether they wait too long to start adjusting their play, fail to user swat or catch balls that might cause an incomplete pass, or they haven't fully committed all the defensive hot routes and audibles to muscle memory... The point is that there are things the USER CAN DO.

What's wrong with telling the user what they can 'fix' without EA's intervention?

I'll tell you... It takes effort and most Madden players aren't ready, willing, or able to do so.

Face it - Madden is a game of skill. Skill in perceiving patterns, skill in managing game situations, skill in crisis prevention, and skill in making adjustments on the fly.

Discussing the game in terms that do not accommodate (or mention) the skill of the players would be skewed in the 'beg EA' direction. We could have a more balanced discussion where skill is factored in - but that gets people wanting to ban you from this community. There's a reason I'm one of the only people trumpeting toughness here - most of the guys I know think posting here at OS is a waste of time and effort. Oddly, I have more faith in you guys (Sshhhhh... don't tell anyone).

The way I see it, if EA programs Madden 13 absolutely perfectly, there will still be far too many players who aren't prepared to deal with no-huddle because they never got past what they thought they couldn't do. We know it won't be perfect though.

Learning to better defend no-huddle offenses doesn't have to wait for EA.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #72
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Learning to better defend no-huddle offenses doesn't have to wait for EA.

Later
... nor is it the point of the discussion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »