Home

The Word "Cheese" or "Cheating" Has Been Taken Out of Context

This is a discussion on The Word "Cheese" or "Cheating" Has Been Taken Out of Context within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
The Word "Cheese" or "Cheating" Has Been Taken Out of Context

The definition of cheating - Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination.

The word cheesing has developed within the last 10 years or so as not playing sim, or exploiting the game/cpu.

Now I read in some places on this forum and on other forums that you are cheesing if you are not playing sim. If you pass the ball on almost every down, you are cheesing. If you throw the ball deep all the time, you are cheesing. If you drop you're quarterback deeper than the cpu does, you are cheesing. If you run the same play, you are cheesing. If you don't pick a near balanced pass/run play selection, you are cheesing. All of these things have tradeoffs, if you throw it deep every time you are going to be pretty predictable. If you pass the ball every down it'll be easy to play against because I'll just go in dime/quarter defense. And on and on and on.

You get the point. What I am here to say is that I am sick of players who think that you are a cheater/cheeser if you don't play in they're standards of sim. I would hope most of you agree with me here that you are not cheesing/cheating as long as you don't manipulate or exploit the cpu or game. If you have a go to play and you go to it pretty frequently, I don't think it's cheesing and I would love for someone to explain to me how you would be. If you prefer passing the ball on most downs, I wouldn't consider it cheesing. How do you think the Colts operate? They pass the ball 80% of the time if not more. Why? Because they are using they're weapons effectively. If they were limited to this sim style of play they wouldn't be utilizing they're weapons very effectively.

When people play talk about playing sim online, are they really playing football? Or are they just try to copy real life football? What fun is that, we might as well go outside and play football for real instead of playing a video game. Madden is so you can play football the way you want to play it. Not to try to copy real life religiously on a video game.

I'm just sick and tired of being considered a cheeser if you just playing the way you want to play. I don't like it when I see other players worrying about if they are cheesing or not because these sim standards have corrupted they're minds.

Anyone else on the same boat as I am with this? If you are explain, if you are not explain why you are not.

Last edited by Evan_OS; 12-10-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Word "Cheese" or "Cheating" Has Been Taken Out of Context

I agree with this whole post. I read all the time about people's opinion on cheese and was in an argument on it a month or so back, and it's nonsense. Everything can be stopped whether you know how to or not and just because you don't know doesn't make the tactic cheating, it's just abusing your weakness. I watch teams throw the ball up and down the field on my Patriots every week with ease, but do that in Madden and some will accuse you of cheese, whereas I feel if you can stop something I won't change until you can. If Green Bay, New Orleans or New England played the "sim" way with balanced running and passing they would all struggle to make the playoffs instead of being the yearly Super Bowl contender they all are.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
I'm closing this not because what you say is out of line, but because we have several threads on the definition of cheese- if you use the search, you should find them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »