Home

Playing horrible lately. You ever just go on awful cold streaks?

This is a discussion on Playing horrible lately. You ever just go on awful cold streaks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2011, 01:15 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Playing horrible lately. You ever just go on awful cold streaks?

Yup I was on a 14 game skid losing 4 to brother in law and 7 vs a friend and 3 vs another friend. Right now im on a 6 game winning streak.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I find if I take a break for a few days, I start to play better the next time I play. Sometimes it becomes too repetitive and you start to either play laxidasical or over think everything.
couldnt have said it better myself
Old 12-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

My 2 worst losing streaks ever occurred on on Madden 11 (20 games) and Madden '05 (13 games). Nothing seemed to work during either streak... I didn't have recording equipment to the '05 stretch, but I did for Madden 11. I found that I was performing poorly for several reasons:

1) Too Predictable

As I watched film, I was able to predict which play I would select from the play call screen with better than 85% accuracy. If I could do it watching film, I'm sure my opponents could track those same tendencies.

2) Poor Clock Management

I discovered that my 2:00 clock management methods were faulty. I was often going in at the half with timeouts remaining, often running out of time in scoring range, and missing opportunities to force punts because I hadn't managed the clock.

3) Poor Front Reading

I found myself running into 8-man fronts because I was so gung-ho about my guys beating his guys "mano a mano" when I could have adjusted the play and run somewhere else with more success. The bad reads left me in long situations on 2nd and 3rd downs.

4) Mr. Billy Badass

The same brash arrogant confidence you see in my forum posts is the way I play and sometimes the attitude gets me into trouble. Makes me overconfident that I can execute even when I could easily adjust to something more advantageous.

5) Tight fit

There are some passes I feel I can complete against any coverage. I'm often wrong and try to make throws I shouldn't. The tight windows should be avoided.

6) Concede the down

I used to try to complete every pass. I'd roll right, then throw back to the middle even when there was nothing open. For some reason, I hated throwing the ball away. I started throwing the ball away when the defense wins and getting another down. I saved field position by not taking sacks, possession by not turning the ball over, and bought another down to try again.

These were the biggest reasons I found for myself when I was on losing streaks. When I eliminate these mistakes, I win a solid 80-90%. When I make them, I lose almost as often. Stopping mistakes = ending losing streaks. But it all depends on the mistakes you're making and whether you stop making them.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #12
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, I love the up's and down's of this year's game. I've started out pretty well in my first two years with Buffalo only to find myself back to or below .500 at some point during the season.

Personally, I love it. Just like the real NFL. Can't predict it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

Well, taking yesterday off seems to have worked. Won 50-7 my first game, and 41-14 my second game. Rushed for over 100 yards with McGahee in both, and had over 200 yards passing and threw for 0 INTs in both with Timothy. Also had 8 picks total in the two games.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #14
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i useally go on 2 game losing streaks although lately i've had 3 and 4 game win streaks i try play atleast 4 games a day online i useally end up 3-1 or split 2-2 im 31-38 my first 6 games online were loses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »