Home

Yu can make Madden like real life...Its easy

This is a discussion on Yu can make Madden like real life...Its easy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Yu can make Madden like real life...Its easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
Im starting to think every copy of Madden works differently.

Some players will swear by they're settings and sliders then when someone else tries them they will get the opposite results.

This is why I take nothing as law anymore. I jus take the suggestion and try it out.
It's because there's more to settings/sliders to how the game plays.

It depends on the play calling, personnel, user control and tendencies, and randomness (maybe I got 2 sacks fast, forcing DPP down, coloring how the rest of the game played out, but you didn't, so your game took a different path).

Then on top of that, people are looking for different things and have different "pet issues" (LB play and defender stupidity are mine) and all of this colors whose sliders you (dis)like, what adjustments you make, etc.

That's why nothing should be presented as "the" way to anything in regard to this game. There's no "best" way or "best" setting - just some that more align to what you do and how you play than others.

It's just that people see what works for them, and are like "do this and it will work for you" when that's only half the story. Unless they play like you with your skill level and tendencies, it probably will NOT work exactly the same.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-14-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #18
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

i have been under the impression that a positions priority is how the team views them as a asset to the team..

ex. if you have a cpu controlled team have a DE at 100 priority and set all the way to pass rushing. that team will pick a pass rushing DE in the upcoming draft or address it in free agency...

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
i have been under the impression that a positions priority is how the team views them as a asset to the team..

ex. if you have a cpu controlled team have a DE at 100 priority and set all the way to pass rushing. that team will pick a pass rushing DE in the upcoming draft or address it in free agency...
I was under the same impression. But ive seen alot of people say it affects the players performance. I tested it out and didnt see it affect player performance at all.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #20
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

so then we would be correct??

i know this guy on here has a huge thing and he stated that is what you do to get teams to draft correctly when you import a draft class

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1

Priority is the range at which players of a position can induce animations from other players. (in played games, in drafts and such, it is the influence on team building).

In played games, both sides use what the user team has set.

100 priority means the player induces animations at the widest distance. So a DE at 100 can force blocking animations at a greater distance or ball carriers to go into "being tackled" animations from the farthest distance.

Whether or not that player performs better depends on other factors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Priority is the range at which players of a position can induce animations from other players. (in played games, in drafts and such, it is the influence on team building).

In played games, both sides use what the user team has set.

100 priority means the player induces animations at the widest distance. So a DE at 100 can force blocking animations at a greater distance or ball carriers to go into "being tackled" animations from the farthest distance.

Whether or not that player performs better depends on other factors.
I find it really hard to believe it works like that..."radius of inducing animations"...i dont know how people come up with these theories.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTape
I find it really hard to believe it works like that..."radius of inducing animations"...i dont know how people come up with these theories.
*shrug* There's a big thread on it and people have found changing just those and nothing else and it's made a big difference in their games. Have you tried it to see? Do you have a theory of your own?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
*shrug* There's a big thread on it and people have found changing just those and nothing else and it's made a big difference in their games. Have you tried it to see? Do you have a theory of your own?
Sorry i didnt mean to come across rude, i just find some theories hard to believe. I do have an open mind however, can you provide me the link to that thread? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »