Home

CPU cheating ABSOLUTELY KILLLLSSSS this game!!!!

This is a discussion on CPU cheating ABSOLUTELY KILLLLSSSS this game!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
CPU cheating ABSOLUTELY KILLLLSSSS this game!!!!

Just lost a game 31-17 to the panthers. how many times have you ever seen a receiver run a curl, break it off to be open, have the ball going RIGHT AT HIM DOESNT EVEN HAVE TO MOVE, but he slides 3 feet to the right so the DB can come in and pick the ball off.

Linemen keeping up with my RB on a screen so they can knock the pass down.

LB's warping 3 yards sideways to deflect or pick off a pass

my RB trying to get to the corner and is worlds faster than the LB, but instead of fighting him off when the LB gets in close the RB animation comes to a complete dead instant stop so he can be tackled.

QB getting sacked even though I pressed the button to pass eons before the defense got in close (must be another instance where your animation gets stopped dead in its tracks, HOW REALISTIC! NOT!)

opposing QB's arms warping forward so it can be an incomplete pass instead of the fumble it really was.

and of course the good ole "user catch" that doesnt even work! I press to get a catch or an INT, but the jack wangs dont even leave their feet!!!!

I was trying to get through one more season of this before I got rid of it, but I dont even think its possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CPU cheating ABSOLUTELY KILLLLSSSS this game!!!!

Quote:
But, but, but.. We need moar facemasks and wristbands and mouthguards and a recap show!!!!!

Now that that's over with, you're absolutely correct.

The one that gets me the most is the fact that with User pass blocking at 100 and CPU pass rushing at 0, you're sacked in < 1 second, yet with CPU pass blocking at 0 and User rushing at 100 the CPU has > 3 seconds at least.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl34v4g3
Now that that's over with, you're absolutely correct.

The one that gets me the most is the fact that with User pass blocking at 100 and CPU pass rushing at 0, you're sacked in < 1 second, yet with CPU pass blocking at 0 and User rushing at 100 the CPU has > 3 seconds at least.
i dont have this problem and i use pass block/pass rush at 0 for user and cpu using 0 speed thrushold,on very slow game speed and i get on avg 3-5 secs to scan the line, iv found that it helps to move around in the pocket alot and not be a setting duck(not saying you are)
Old 12-21-2011, 01:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
i dont have this problem and i use pass block/pass rush at 0 for user and cpu using 0 speed thrushold,on very slow game speed and i get on avg 3-5 secs to scan the line, iv found that it helps to move around in the pocket alot and not be a setting duck(not saying you are)
I'm a Titans fan so I'm using Locker.. I have plenty of mobility and I roll out or step up A LOT. I play on all the same settings you say except I have user blocking on 30, and I play on slow.

By the time I make my first read and look back to check the pressure, 7/10 times I'm already sacked..

What are the rest of your settings on? Are you still in All Madden range?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl34v4g3
By the time I make my first read and look back to check the pressure, 7/10 times I'm already sacked..
Then you're too slow, simple as that.

I'm using locker in my fantasy franchise and of course I get sacked often when my first two reads aren't open, but you definitely do NOT get sacked in <1 second, that simply doesn't happen.

But if you get sacked every time before you can make your first read, you're taking too long for that read. If they are bringing pressure, you can't wait for someone to make a cut downfield, often you simply have to throw it hot or dump it off, that's not unrealistic.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Then you're too slow, simple as that.

I'm using locker in my fantasy franchise and of course I get sacked often when my first two reads aren't open, but you definitely do NOT get sacked in <1 second, that simply doesn't happen.

But if you get sacked every time before you can make your first read, you're taking too long for that read. If they are bringing pressure, you can't wait for someone to make a cut downfield, often you simply have to throw it hot or dump it off, that's not unrealistic.
x2.

I'm using Blaine Gabbert in my franchise right now, less mobility. You have to do 2 things as soon as you snap the ball and are dropping back.

1. Are there extra rushers coming?

2. Are your recievers getting jammed?

If you answer yes to both of those, you better be throwing it away 90% of the time. If you see the extra rushers, you should know you're only going to get to your first read, and you need to throw it away if it's not there.

Before this year I never really worked on my reads, I just knew who I was throwing to and tried it regardless. It's going to take a lot of games and getting to know the playbook before you get really good at your reads.

I like the call plays where I have at least 1 slant or the HB coming out, and those are my 2nd read, my "safety cushion" if you will. I rarely go to a 3rd read, after my 2nd read being shut down I will usually look for a running lane and at least try to get back to the LOS.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

That sounds exactly like what I'm doing.

My usual reads for a simple play with the TE running a deep in, the wideout coming in on a slant and my HB on a flat route goes something like this:

If there are extra rushers and my TE gets a free release, I throw it pretty much immediately after my QB sets his feet, most of the time that's an easy 7-12 yards.

If there is pressure and my TE is covered, I immediately check the HB, most of the time you can make that throw at least without losing yards, and with a quick, agily HB he can often make something happen in the flats. If my HB is covered closely, too, I just try to step up and get as much as I can with my feet before going down.

Only if there's no extra pressure do I even think about reading my wideouts, it just takes too much time checking the outside routes if they are bringing pressure, if they are rushing more than 4 (which the CPU is doing way too often in my opinion) you simply don't have time to make three, four reads.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

If you answer yes to both of those, you better be throwing it away 90% of the time. If you see the extra rushers, you should know you're only going to get to your first read, and you need to throw it away if it's not there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »