Home

Online ranked game (video) - broncos vs steelers

This is a discussion on Online ranked game (video) - broncos vs steelers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Online ranked game (video) - broncos vs steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
You are everything that is wrong with online play. Going for it every 4th down, running goal line outside of an actual goal line situation, and going for 2 points instead of kicking the XP....
None of this bothers me in online play... What bothers me more than anything else about online play are the guys that do all their "Adjustment" after the game is over.

After nearly a decade of scouring message boards I've arrived at one conclusion - Words don't work in a football game. Complaints about play style only yield more of the same. People will still go for it on every 4th, run no-huddle, etc until someone stomps a mudhole in them.

That said, I feel disrespected when players treat Madden like it's a video game and make stupid decisions. I use the emotional turmoil created when someone disrespects ME in that fashion and funnel it into WHOOPING THEIR ARSES - but I do it while the game is still in progress while I can still effect their strategy because talking AFTERWARD doesn't help.

Only punching them in the mouth works... It's time we start swinging.

To the OP... Nice vids, but I wouldn't try these tactics against a decent player. They will stop you and the game will get ugly REALLY QUICKLY.

Later
Old 12-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Guys i never claimed to be a great madden player, far from it actually. My H2H Skill Points are 658, with record of 119-89. Im avg at best, but i rarely get blown out and i take on anyone i run across online, ie packer/9ers users fair weather fans... This was just a random ranked game online. Obviously i edited the video of the game, or it would be 45 minutes long video. I cant get in all the plays both myself and my opponent ran, so i just put in the highlights/plays that resulted in scoring drives...

now to address some gameplay issues some might have

Going for two points... what you didnt see before that was my opponent trying to block my extra point and he went offsides, so i decided to try and go for two...

Going for it on 4th down... Might of been one of two instances in this game were i tried that. I know one of em was 4th and 1, on my side of the field. Yes i could of kicked of a FG, but i thought i could get that one yard. Result of the play was turnover on downs as Tebow got forced out short.

I try to play the game in the "spirit" of the rules, but when my opponent shows otherwise, i will adjust my game as such. One of my biggest gripes about online play is those guys that run no huddle all game. HATE IT, absoulotly hate it. BUT... its part of the game. Until they implement the fair rules play back into the game, this is what it is, and be ready to expect anything online.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan217
One of my biggest gripes about online play is those guys that run no huddle all game. HATE IT, absoulotly hate it. BUT... its part of the game.

I love this sentiment... I don't like it, but I deal with it because it's part of the game.

Very un-sissified. We need more of that from the community of gamers seeking to simulate the NFL where sissified players don't make the cut.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aolian_Am
ya, that is some trashy gameplay. outside of running the ball, i thought you had very good anticipation for where your hole would develop on running plays, but every other aspect of your game was very horrid.

the sad thing is you probally roll through other noobs and think that your a good madden player.
rather harsh comment...if i had feelings, id be sad right now..
Old 12-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Don't worry about it... Feelings are for suckers. LOL

Later
Old 12-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #14
Rookie

Aolian_Am's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
call it like i see it. like i said your running game was pretty good, you followed blocks pretty well and it looks like you were making adjustments to your offensive line, which is something i rarely see people do, but imo it was pretty bad playcalling, and poor passing. i also think you make some poor adjustments on defense, but you made them work, i could get most of them are because of the no-huddle though. there are far easier and more effective ways to play defense successfully, and be confusing on no-huddle.

i also want to add that people scream "cheese," but everything you did is easy to stop. no-huddle is no-problem, if you have even a slightest idea of what you are doing, and on defense you left some glaring holes, your lucky your opponent didn't know how to protect himself, it could have easily been a blowout.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »