Home

Eliminating Subjective Rating Updates

This is a discussion on Eliminating Subjective Rating Updates within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Eliminating Subjective Rating Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I feel what you are saying but again, with DPP, a more fleshed out version, I think we will begin to see a deeper AI challenge too. I think NBA2k12 uses something similar to control each individual CPU controlled player's actions in the game with tendencies and whatnot. Most likely, Madden will expand on their DPP system with more traits, tendencies and roles to dictate more advanced AI.

I remember the "weapons" feature from back in Madden 08? and it would be interesting to have the "smart" weapon applied in a realistic way, to DPP. It used to allow those film study guys like Payton Manning, Tom Brady and Champ Bailey to diagnose plays presnap and react accordingly. Adding that back as a trait with varying degrees for each position and difficulty level would increase the CPU AI challenge, imo. I am not suggesting it display the play to the User like back in M08 but that the CPU player(s) "see" the play, internally.

That one addition, would force Users playing the CPU and other Users, to call a much more diverse Gameplan including potentially "setting up" misdirection do to the adaptive nature of the offensive/defensive AI of individual CPU controlled players.

Another thing along that same train of thought, Madden needs to represent more human error in CPU players. Players with low AWR shouldn't be perfectly executing their play assignment CPU or User controlled. I have been stating for sometime that AWR should be directly linked to each play, not e a general rating.
most of this is in madden 12 already but cannot be expressed because of the ratings being visible...

thats why i hope they replace the entire rating system with something like DPP...

you mentioned the weapon system lets use play recognition for what ever reason the rating has 3 intervals (0-35 gets 1 animation speed) (35-76 gets its animation speed) and (76-99 has its speed) so if you have a guy who has a 78 prc he is revis, 81 revis again etc

if you want to see more human error they need to not be sharing the same code as the elite players

i know personally its alot of code to get 10 or 20 triggers per rating but they need to pick a few and program it that way... fifa recently did this for their vision rating..

to get a better representation imo of P manning v C painter any skill manning has 90 in painter gets 30-40....

if we go to a 5 stars for every rating we could comfortably give mr painter a 2 which would be 40ish and move on but something about a 40 just rubs folks the wrong way......

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 12-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
most of this is in madden 12 already but cannot be expressed because of the ratings being visible...

thats why i hope they replace the entire rating system with something like DPP...

you mentioned the weapon system lets use play recognition for what ever reason the rating has 3 intervals (0-35 gets 1 animation speed) (35-76 gets its animation speed) and (76-99 has its speed) so if you have a guy who has a 78 prc he is revis, 81 revis again etc

if you want to see more human error they need to not be sharing the same code as the elite players

i know personally its alot of code to get 10 or 20 triggers per rating but they need to pick a few and program it that way... fifa recently did this for their vision rating..

to get a better representation imo of P manning v C painter any skill manning has 90 in painter gets 30-40....

if we go to a 5 stars for every rating we could comfortably give mr painter a 2 which would be 40ish and move on but something about a 40 just rubs folks the wrong way......
Yeah, I actually made a thread about this exact same topic a little while back. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-ratings.html

EDIT* Just noticed you already previously posted in that thread as well.lol
My bad.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 12-28-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
I could see having 3 "shown" ratings (Low/Medium/High), but 78 shouldn't be the same as 99.

You should see the difference on the field and hope that "3" isn't just a "high 2" type player instead of Revis-on-steriods.

Increase the FoW by "generalizing" the displayed ratings, but when it's time to put the player on the field - a player with an internal rating of 99 (i.e. the rating the game uses to play the game) should be dramatically better, all things being equal, than a 78, imo.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-28-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

the problem comes from them putting it to a vote on twitter every week. Like fans can be subjective about their favorite teams and the players on them.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #21
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
the problem comes from them putting it to a vote on twitter every week. Like fans can be subjective about their favorite teams and the players on them.
An excellent point - considering they are doing precisely that this week quite literally. The most underrated player according to a Twitter fan vote gets a boost.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »