Home

Help A Newbie Out

This is a discussion on Help A Newbie Out within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help A Newbie Out

Hi everyone,

I just got Madden 12 for the Wii for Christmas, and have been having a blast. However, I've come across something that seems strange to me and I can't figure out how to stop it from happening. I am using the classic controller, btw.

When I am on offense, running a pass play, sometimes my QB will throw the ball immediately after the snap to a random receiver. What I thought was happening was sometimes I press "B" early before the game lets me snap it, so then I press it again a second or two later to snap it, and that would sometimes result in the QB immediately throwing the snap to a receiver, usually the "B" receiver, since "B" is the only button I had hit at that point in the pre-play.

So whenever I would accidentally hit "B" too early, I would give another look to my routes in hopes that it would sort of reset itself, and that would often keep it from happening, but not always. And so tonight, I was playing, and I was planning to pass to my "B" receiver, I waited to snap it and only pressed "B" once to snap it with no premature "B" presses, and the QB immediately took the snap and passed it to my "Y" receiver, resulting in an easy interception for the AI. I never pressed "Y".

What the heck is happening, and how do I get my QB to stop with these immediate passes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Help A Newbie Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knarl
Hi everyone,

I just got Madden 12 for the Wii for Christmas, and have been having a blast. However, I've come across something that seems strange to me and I can't figure out how to stop it from happening. I am using the classic controller, btw.

When I am on offense, running a pass play, sometimes my QB will throw the ball immediately after the snap to a random receiver. What I thought was happening was sometimes I press "B" early before the game lets me snap it, so then I press it again a second or two later to snap it, and that would sometimes result in the QB immediately throwing the snap to a receiver, usually the "B" receiver, since "B" is the only button I had hit at that point in the pre-play.

So whenever I would accidentally hit "B" too early, I would give another look to my routes in hopes that it would sort of reset itself, and that would often keep it from happening, but not always. And so tonight, I was playing, and I was planning to pass to my "B" receiver, I waited to snap it and only pressed "B" once to snap it with no premature "B" presses, and the QB immediately took the snap and passed it to my "Y" receiver, resulting in an easy interception for the AI. I never pressed "Y".

What the heck is happening, and how do I get my QB to stop with these immediate passes?
I've heard about this issue several times, but I've never experienced it myself. This leads me to believe that there is something happening between the snap and the throw that may be causing the QB to throw without your pressing anything. The only thing I know that will cause the QB to throw automatically is if the user doesn't press anything after the snap.

Here's an experiment to test if the theory is correct. The next time you play - in whatever mode you use - try this:

1) Snap the ball and press nothing. Does the QB pass the ball without your 'consent?'

2) Snap the ball and drop back manually using the left stick but don't make a throw. Does your QB hold the ball until he's sacked?

This may simply be a matter of you taking control of the QB after the snap by moving with the stick so the CPU doesn't throw for you. Of course, if this isn't the case, there may be something else happening.

Hope this helps narrow the cause a little.

Later
Old 01-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Help A Newbie Out

Thanks for the help. I think what was happening was I was holding onto B for a split second too long and not using my controller to drop the QB back manually, and so it was making an immediate pass to the main route of the play. I've been making sure to hold the controller stick back as I snap, and not hold B at all, and it hasn't happened since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »