Home

Mundane Madden Animations

This is a discussion on Mundane Madden Animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #17
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
My only problem with the tackle physics in Backbreaker is that the defender almost always seems to be leading with his helmet which not only looks bad but is poor and dangerous tackling. Now I like the physics engine, I would love to see madden do something similar but the animations should be cleaned up. Backbreaker for a first time attempt at a football game and in that aspect it was phenomenal. Madden being around as long as it has though, if it used animations like that it wouldn't be considered as good. We expect more from EA where as we didn't have expectations for Backbreaker but they took a huge step in the right direction doing what they did.

I was a huge fan of the Blitz The League engine. Now it had a lot of issues no doubt about that but I think if you took the good things about Madden, threw in something close to the Backbreaker engine mixed with the Madden and Blitz animations it could be pretty awesome.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Mundane Madden Animations

This is kind of related to producing more mundane animations in the tackling arena. I've grown tired of the big hit fest that defines regular game play in M12, so I started looking at ratings and traits. Then I began editing them, bringing the hit power rating down significantly and turning the big hit trait off for all tacklers. This made a big difference, and you can still tell high hit power guys from the rest. I like the way the game looks lots more with these edits.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Ok, I'm closing this thread. Find some way to make this point without referencing other football games heavily; and make sure that you do a search. I'm sure there's already a discussion on physics. Also, if you want to compare games you can; but it must be done in the general football forum.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »