Home

I cant take it anymore

This is a discussion on I cant take it anymore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #65
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: I cant take it anymore

@Slimreaper, not to be rude but I don't know what you think "sim" means but I believe it means simulating the NFL, in Madden. All that stuff you described is in the NFL but they can be used in such a way in Madden that is not representative of how they are and can be used in the NFL. Ergo, things like fg blocking, no huddle, blitzes, motion and jump catches, while in the NFL, are not regulated the same way in Madden because of lacking representation of NFL parameters, so they can be exploited.

It's all good that you are able to adjust and adapt to whatever people attempt in Madden but that alone does not equate to simulating NFL football. In the NFL they have rule enforcement, inherent limitations and fundamental risk/reward outside of just personal adjustment, that are not represented properly, if at all, in Madden. So even though the "tactics" you have discussed have merit in Madden, they are very seldom "sim".

Also, on the subject of unstoppable exploits, how exactly is anyone suppose to prevent, using "sprint" to turbo boost a player that should already be hustling at top speed when switching from CPU to User control, intentionally making contact with receivers beyond 5 yds because there is no "illegal contact" penalty, intentionally running your defender in front of the receiver to cutoff their path to the ball because it won't draw a pass interference penalty or running in/out of bounds to get in better position to make plays on the ball/ball carrier because there is no "illegal touching" penalty? These are unstoppable exploits, both Users being able to utilize them or win in spite of them does not change that fact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0

Smoke-17 49ers

Slimereaper- 0 Eagles

2nd half starting now

GAME OVER!!!!

Smoke 49er's - 27

Slimreapers Eagles- 14

He plays lobby ball folks, nothing special about him or anything, when his back is against the wall the cheese/glitchy stuff comes out that we are discussing in this very thread. Sorry I didnt record the game, he got at me unexpectantly and my recording device is at work as I was going to get this game played on the weekend I thought.

Anyways, he tried a couple times to throw those endzone fade routes= FAILED

Tried to scramble with Vick without looking for a wr to throw to as running was his only intention= TD

Threw to the same play and route more than I could count and NO HUDDLED a majority of the game in which his 2 only scores came from me trying to set my D back up and he quick hikes after he audible to 4 verts.

He got picked off 5 times 1 was a pick 6 from a no huddle play to the same guy and same cheesy corner slant routes.

He motion his RB or WR and he will throw a quick flat route the moment the ball is hike which got him an easy 3-5 yds everytime he did this.

When it came down to it, it was mostly 4 wr snugs with verticals and deep slants the rest of the game!

On defense, he looked to be in a 46D package and ran that same 1 play the entire game except a couple of times. He will do that running start crap with his safety EVERY PLAY when you are running and passing and when you are passing he miraculously can recover and cover someone who just beat him deep as he was running full sprint the opposite direction.

Dude is nothing special, and to tell me I cant adjust as i am arguing my points in this thread and that SIM players basically complain and balh, blah, blah!! EAT IT SLIM, you got beat by a SIM BALLER just like I said you would. You play exactly like the people we are talking about in this thread who abuse exploits all game, so take you 3-4 play offense and go hit the lab.

Just another case of SIM outshines Freestyle wannabe BUMS!

BTW, he nano blitzed me a few times that game and I watched him set them up. I did none of that and shut you DOWN that whole 1st half and some!

Last edited by Smoke6; 01-12-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #67
Banned

Smoke 27

Slimreaper256-14

Final.

I'm a man of my word & stand by my comments. The vid will be up on my channel by tonite.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #68
MVP

Ok, I just got a message from this guy just after I typed out the outcome...

He asked (and excuse my language) "How's playing *&^ D' sim? While I respect Ur skill, U cant say that's simulation football, which re-affirms my statement from the forums"

Well let me see...

First off, I ran a combination of different schemes on defense to stop you, I always let a series or 2 go by so i can get latched on to my opponents tendencies. Doing this allows me to ADJUST properly as seeing what combination works best to throw you off as yo thought you were trying to do to me.

I use zone blitzes and man to man depending on the way i fee l a certain play will go or how you are throwing the ball. For instance, when you were running those curl routes or those quick passes, i manned you up without you even knowing I did. You never wen back to that crap after like your 3rd or 4th try.

Your sideline slants or corner routes got shutdown because after me playing over 500 games online from here and various other outlets I play on, it gets tedious and others help pave the way to shutting stuff thats irritating like that down. Most of everyone who plays online relies on corner sideline routes, when you shut that down, they have nothing left but to go deep or try drags and slants over the middle.

4th quarter came, and all you were throwing were deep balls downfield every down, so YES I AM GONNA COME OUT IN COVER 4 or PREVENT like defenses. I will let your WILL TO WIN eat up what little time you have left on the clock because your strategy from that point on is THOUGHTLESS. There is no RHYME or REASON to it, all you know is how successful deep passes are in this game when you are allowed to trigger animations that are not PHYSICS based but more RATINGS based regardless of the circumstances around the play!

Not my fault you RELIED ON MADDEN, you should of ADJUSTED and maybe you would of WON!

Did I answer your question SLIME REAPER?
Old 01-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimreaper256
Smoke 27

Slimreaper256-14

Final.

I'm a man of my word & stand by my comments. The vid will be up on my channel by tonite.
Labeling myself as SIM is what this game is about, its not about "being good" or "being bad", its about the respect and pride you take in taking one of these 32 teams online and out playing your opponent on the field just like you see on Sunday's.

This freestyle way of play should stay offline where it was adopted and someone figured it would work in online play and the followers commenced to adapting to playing this way due to the fact that they previously (in your words) were "bad players" and still are. Seeing as I just beat you and I dont play that way!

IMO, if you cant bring football to the field of play online, then dont bother joining discussions fighting the fight on where you stand at as a Madden player. It sucks seeing sites like VG rewarding this type of gameplay, but I pray all that will come to an end where true skill will shine just like it does in every competitive sport or game out there.

You have no soul if you have to compete in this style of play and take wins as if you are a skilled player. Its that simple, you have basically sold your soul, people do this crap for meaningless wins and they do it for money.

Know one has really too much heart to just take it on the chin and bounce back another game or day. Winning isnt that important and even is money or a prize was on the line, I would feel way better about myself knowing I did LEGIT!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #70
Banned

Ur a good player Smoke. But to call yourself "SIM" is a lie. Like I said. The game will be on my channel by tonite. I recorded it myself. I'll post the link here when its upAs far as playcalling goes you called 4 plays on offense as well. Off tackle, the screen & 2 plass plays that were just slants. And you got picked off twice running the Corner Streak combo also. Don't worry, like I said the vid will be up tonite.

Last edited by Slimreaper256; 01-12-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimreaper256
Ur a good player Smoke. But to call yourself "SIM" is a lie. Like I said. The game will be on my channel by tonite. I recorded it myself. I'll post the link here when its upAs far as playcalling goes you called 4 plays on offense as well. Off tackle, the screen & 2 plass plays that were just slants. And you got picked off twice running the Corner Streak combo also. Don't worry, like I said the vid will be up tonite.

Man, I ran atleast 2 plays out of every formation in the game dude except for shotgun. So thats atleast 10 plays. I run counters, off tackle, stretches, and tosses. If you wanna go deeper into my plays, I can also include my up the gut run plays and dives.

This is how I know you have no clue on WTF you are here talking about, YOUR GAMEPLAY ON DEFENSE DICTATES WHAT I DO ON OFFENSE!!!

You manually control your safety putting him in the middle of the field and play pre-snap, and then you run back with him and sprint forward shooting gaps as I hike the ball. What type of scheme is that?

So yes, Im gonna hot route to a slant play when I see you trying to cheat up with your safety, or call a PA and slide protect and catch you slipping as if you are GOD with your safety. Nothing I did to you was un-SIM, I ADJUSTED to your way of playing in the SIM-est fashion as possible.

So when you do post this video, please include it from the team select screen all the way to the end please?

Other than that, I will let whoever wants to judge your claims do so, I have played almost everyone here in the OS online community on PS3, I dont play no other way!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #72
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@Smoke6, I enjoyed this probably too much! LOL

It's hilarious how this person comes on here equating what happens in Madden with being "sim" then after being beat turns around and claims you didn't win playing "sim".

Un-Fn-believable! LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »