Home

Madden 13 a no buy without Tebow rightfully on the cover!

This is a discussion on Madden 13 a no buy without Tebow rightfully on the cover! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3
Madden 13 a no buy without Tebow rightfully on the cover!

I will not buy Madden 13 if Tebow is not crowned the cover athlete. For the sake of all of our favorite players, he is the only one capable of breaking the Madden curse. I would even pay extra to see the cover contain some sort of symbolism with Tebow fighting or breaking through the curse. Kinda like him running through fire, stiff arming one of the hounds of hell(Browns), and flying, all angel like, through the air into the endzone. Jersey shredded, with a camera man in the far background taking pics on one knee(Tebowing). If he makes it through next season, he will be legendarily known as the curse killer. Would you buy that?
Tweeted from Tampa Habitual Rehab Clinic
THRC
a home for the lonely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: Madden 13 a no buy without Tebow rightfully on the cover!

Noooooooooooooo more Tebow.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Hahaha while I am not a fan of him, I am no *****. If he can take denver to the AFC Championship, I would be down with him on the cover.

the thing is though, he didn't have a spectacular season, so there isn't much room to do worse because of the curse.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Hate er is the word
Old 01-13-2012, 01:43 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Absolutely will not buy 13 if Tebow is on the cover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #6
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Ok, first off... we censor the H word for a reason- it's cliche. Second off, I must disagree that a cover athlete is a means for a purchase one way or the other.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:55 AM   #7
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Actually as much as I hate to say it (seeing as I'm a Falcon fan) despite losing to the Seahawks last season and playing injured, Drew Brees still had an impressive season despite the Madden curse, so he wouldn't be the first to break the curse.

That being said unless it's fan outcry Tebow will not be on the cover. I still don't believe Tebow is the future of Denver but he is interesting to watch. Tebow made some good throws against Pittsburg last weekend and showed he can step up in certain situations (although it helps that those 3 catches were incredible especially the last stiff arm run by Thomas) but in all honesty he usually plays like crap and one game doesn't change that, the thing that really intrigues me about Denver though is seeing how the moment he became the starter the entire team took a 180. Mcgahee became a pro bowl caliber HB, and the entire defense (especially Dumerville and Von Miller) became an elite caliber defense. Yet somehow Tebow gets all the credit (though it's still funny they lost to Kyle Orton and the Chiefs). I think if anyone from Denver deserves the cover though it's Von Miller or Willis Mcgahee.

Last edited by Ampking101; 01-13-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #8
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

If they don't have that tournament of fan voting like this year, I'm thinking Arian Foster or Megatron have good shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »