Home

NCAA draft class portraits?

This is a discussion on NCAA draft class portraits? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA draft class portraits?

Quick question gents. Are the NCAA draft class pics now portraits of real people? I'm asking because I haven't observed any of the in game faces that used to populate the draft classes.

I'm simply looking for a reminder if I used an NCAA draft class or madden generated class. Haven't played my dynasty in a while and I can't remember.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA draft class portraits?

Yes they are real people this year. And quite often don't match what you would like them to. As my HB came in with a fat face and he's 5'9" 190 lbs.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Every time Andrew Luck gets drafted, he looks like a full back or lineman to me.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaday30
Yes they are real people this year. And quite often don't match what you would like them to. As my HB came in with a fat face and he's 5'9" 190 lbs.
Ahh I see. Damn, is there anyway I can distinguish between an NCAA draft class and a madden generated class? I really need to know, otherwise I'll have to start my franchise over again. For the life of me I can't remember if I used NCAA draft class at the start of the season or not.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Easy
Ahh I see. Damn, is there anyway I can distinguish between an NCAA draft class and a madden generated class? I really need to know, otherwise I'll have to start my franchise over again. For the life of me I can't remember if I used NCAA draft class at the start of the season or not.
They use the same pool of portraits. If you look into the recruiting page and see players estimated in the 0 round of the draft, you have an NCAA draft class imported.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Every time Andrew Luck gets drafted, he looks like a full back or lineman to me.
That's why I reload the class a few times - to get the faces of the big name rookies as close as possible. "My" Andrew Luck actually looks pretty close, with the close cropped hair, dirty beard, and all.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #7
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Relatively few of the generated photo guys look like the players they are meant to represent...

For the most part, it looks like EA rounded up every delivery guy that showed up at the complex and shot them...

Most times, I'm like "Is that a pizza guy or a FedEx guy"...

As usual, solid idea, really "underbaked" execution...
Old 01-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

It's not bad. I don't mind it. I chuckle when I see two people with the same portrait. "Twins!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »