Home

Idea for new game mode

This is a discussion on Idea for new game mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Idea for new game mode

they need to bring back expansion teams for Madden 13.. im sure this has been discussed in the past but oh well..lol

basically franchise mode where u can choose to play with the default nfl or add an expansion team and then do an expansion draft.. they can give us a list of preset cities like previous games so the commentators can say your teams name, etc..

EA should consider removing superstar and work on this..lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Idea for new game mode

If they did this, they would need to seriously upgrade the Create-A-Team feature. Hell, even if they didn't do this they should upgrade CAT. So much potential to have fun with a brand new team that is ruined by little league logos and terrible uniform designs.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

I really like this idea. As for a new CAT feature... they should just let us use teambuilder for the Madden games.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez2
I really like this idea. As for a new CAT feature... they should just let us use teambuilder for the Madden games.
I can't confirm this, but from what I've heard is that the NFL won't let EA use something like teambuilder... so it's kind of out of their hands. There's something about copyright stuff and blah blah... I'm too lazy to look it up.

But it would be awesome!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great idea! i remember when houston enterd the game and they allowed you to do a expansion draft to help fill the squad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
I can't confirm this, but from what I've heard is that the NFL won't let EA use something like teambuilder... so it's kind of out of their hands. There's something about copyright stuff and blah blah... I'm too lazy to look it up.

But it would be awesome!
Lame. Oh well... they need to amp up that CAT feature than.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

The NFL changes a little bit from year to year. Rule,s uniforms, etc. Sometimes it changes a lot. For example, the realignment of the divisions [North, South, East, and West instead of East West and Central.]

In Madden's franchise mode, you can play 30 years and I have NEVER gotten that far. I really can't get much further than 10 years into franchise. That gives me time to play my team, build them up and try to keep them good... but after a while it becomes too fantasy for me.

This "idea" would help in making the mode more enjoyable. There is so much untapped potential in Madden.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Not going to happen. Their data told them not many people played with expansion teams, which is why they got rid of them. Same reason why they got rid of FCS teams in the NCAA series, not enough people played with them online.

And if you don't know by now, EA Sports follow their data of what is used most ONLINE. If don't get high online usage, it is scrapped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »