Home

Old 01-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Just to say again I agree with you but at least some sports game come out the box playing like the actual sport.
To be fair, though, baseball as a sport is infinitely easier to simulate on a computer than football.

That's not to say Madden isn't a very flawed game, because it is.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
Banned

NFL Great's Arena

OVR: 0

Thats why i was never a "slider" fan. I want the game to play correct out of the box, because i am an online only player. The fact that you actually CAN make those adjustments as a user to make the game play more realistic is frustrating because EA could have easily given us a tuner and/or patch update to incorporate the great things the community does with those sliders.

I just wish the Madden team would take the approach other sports game developers do such as 2K with NBA, Sony San Diego with the Show, and EA Canada with FIFA and NHL. Just shoot for SIMULATING the sport, and stop worrying about hardcore/casual labels. People buy sports games to have fun simulating the sports they love. I thought they were heading that way when they said "Everything you see on Sundays", hasn't seemed that way.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #11
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
To be fair, though, baseball as a sport is infinitely easier to simulate on a computer than football.

That's not to say Madden isn't a very flawed game, because it is.

Yeah I agree you about that. Along with what you said it is my belief that the interaction between the lines will never be able to be done right.

But while what you said is true, unlike 20 sacks for the DT and 2 for DE, the Little weak Batter doesn't lead the league in HR, or the catcher in SB.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
I agree with you totally, but look at a game like The Show. Yes you have to go and work with sliders to get it to play like you like it, but thats just personal preferences. Unlike Madden where I have to change the ENTIRE LEAGUES RATINGS just to get realistic stats, not to mention the change in gameplay.

Just to say again I agree with you but at least some sports game come out the box playing like the actual sport.
I feel your pain, the roster makers of 2k basketball feel your pain more. They've been working on roster updates for three months.

Same thing to me.

I'm told The Show is similar to HH baseball. HH baseball was a stats sim baseball game. I would still tune that game for months to get it to play as realistic to MLB baseball as possible.

As far as offline gaming goes, which is the majority of what I play, everyone is different on how they want it to play out. As long as you are satisfied with the results, you are good to go.

Do I want a yearly sports game to play out of the box as sim as possible? Absolutely, but with sliders, patches and tuners, I haven't found that game yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »