Home

How Can M13 Avoid Presentation Reptition Becoming Stale?

This is a discussion on How Can M13 Avoid Presentation Reptition Becoming Stale? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: How Can M13 Avoid Presentation Reptition Becoming Stale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I have long been an advocate for online ranked games having a continuation aspect, extending 24-48 hours or maybe more of injuries and DPP carrying over.
I'm not huge on DPP carrying over - but injuries should effect more than one game. The only issue is how to replace guys that are injured long term...

Without a way to sign replacement players in online games until your starter comes back would create complications that could include the same player on both sides if two players sign the same player...

Good idea - tough to execute.

Later
Old 01-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Multiple announcing teams and multiple network integration from NFL Network, to Fox, CBS and ESPN. If I am playing a primetime game, it should have a totally different feel in the look of the overlays and the team in the booth than a 1:00 pm Sunday start. Pre and post game shows wouldn't hurt either.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I like how NBA2k used their opening montages this year. I think Madden should do the same have a highlights package of team intros and stuff with music playing in the background. If they could somehow get real nfl films highlights with music that would be stunning, but the way NBA2k did it this year would be fine. I completely agree about everything feeling too scripted when it comes to stats and stat banners. I'd like to see the commentators talk about the stat banners more. I.E. if a team is struggling on 3rd down when the 3rd down conversion banner comes up, talk about how the team is struggling and how the opposing team is doing a great job of rushing the passer on 3rd down, covering receivers, making the qb uncomfortable and getting hits on him,etc...

NBA2k has a lot of story and conversation to it this year, more than any sports game I have ever played. If Madden can implement this it would go a long way. Tell us about the teams records, how the team is struggling on the road this season, how the qb/team is hot or cold right now, tell us about injuries and if the player is questionable, doubtful, out for the rest of the game, add a sideline reporter to give us team updates at the beginning of the halves and to give us injury updates throughout the game. As the season winds down talk about the mvp candidates, the teams in the wild card race, tell us about coaches on the hot seat, these are all things that we see every week in real life.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 01-25-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #12
Rookie

IrishGorilla65's Arena

OVR: 0

While it would hard to keep the presentation fresh, I think they should add use the NFL network to create a halftime and maybe a weekly recap show of what is going on around the league.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Having the commentators saying something relevant once in a while wouldn't hurt. Seems like every time I get a defensive pick 6 they're complimenting my offense.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

After viewing regular season games and playoffs i do give credit to whoever worked on the presentation this year. We've seen things this year we haven't seen in past Maddens. Hear are some ideas for 13.

Pregame
Show a quick shot of the players running out on the field or fans in the stands going crazy. Then do a game intro showing footage of both teams, basically what CBS does.
Have special intro's for Monday/Sunday/Thursday night games and Super Bowl.

During the game
The QB running on the field can stay. The dcam feature this year was great.
A ticker would be great but only for franchise.
The Gatorade impact player was a good addition but could still be improved.
Fake commercial breaks when a team takes a timeout. Show highlights with a score banner then cut right back to the game. I think NCAA Basketball 10 did something like this.

Post Game
Full post game show. Highlights, stats and players of the game on both offense and defense.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Bumped my old thread because watching a video got me to thinking about something I believe falls under presentation and that's signature celebrations.

It's a small thing but it really ads to the immersion for me when I see an in-game player mimic a real life scoring celebration. Anyway my idea is, aside from giving players their real life celebrations if they have one, they should give each player celebrations based on their College. Like how most former Miami players can throw up the "U" and so forth, expand that to include all players and colleges with various collegiate signature celebrations, maybe at least 2 per school. Don't have them playout every time but mix it up.

I think it would be a generic element that would still have a personal connection to each player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I wonder if the NFL has taken steps about that. The whole TD celebration thing has been toned down. Players used to have celebrations such as T.O. flapping his wings, etc. But I know the NFL wants to crack down on the show-boating aspect of the NFL, and I wouldn't doubt that they would go to EA and tell them not to emphasize celebrations. The same is true for late hits in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »