Home

How Microsoft could make tons of money & awesome NFL game

This is a discussion on How Microsoft could make tons of money & awesome NFL game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
How Microsoft could make tons of money & awesome NFL game

If Microsoft would become a small share holder in 2K sports, And let 2K make a NFL football game for Microsoft, OMG'!!! Gamers would win, Microsoft would win, 2K sports would win, Because EA only holds the Third-Party Exclusive License, So really if Microsoft and 2K would get together, They could make a NFL game.....And i say MS buy some shares but they may not have to, But with EA only having third-party exclusive license.... That does hold the door open for someone to make a 1st party NFL game....Why MS or even Sony have not cashed in on this yet is way over me......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: How Microsoft could make tons of money & awesome NFL game

Actually, EA owns the exclusive license to NFL football gaming. Exclusive means no other company is able to manufacture a NFL football game with NFL stadiums,teams, and players, etc.....

Only Back Yard Football, non-licensed football games and games on cellular devices are allowed to be made.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/big-dea...eement-6114977
Old 01-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Roadman, your WRONG'!!! not to sound mean, But EA only own the Third party, Sony or MS can make a 1st party game, i am looking for a thread, That talked a couple years ago, Bout Sony could make a NFL game if they wanted to, but EA is in bed with Sony & MS is why neither one have done So....Third party means No1 but MS or Sony can make NFL game, I will find the thread for you to read, if it's on the net....
Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy71
Roadman, your WRONG'!!! not to sound mean, But EA only own the Third party, Sony or MS can make a 1st party game, i am looking for a thread, That talked a couple years ago, Bout Sony could make a NFL game if they wanted to, but EA is in bed with Sony & MS is why neither one have done So....Third party means No1 but MS or Sony can make NFL game, I will find the thread for you to read, if it's on the net....
No....you are. What you're describing is 2K's MLB deal, and due to it being that way Sony and Microsoft can make their own first-party MLB games. The football license deal is different - it restricts first party as well as third. No one can make an NFL licensed game for the consoles but EA under the current deal - period.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Unfortunately for us gamers, this premise is false and thus we don't really need a discussion on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »