Home

Looking for help: want to play GM of your favorite team?

This is a discussion on Looking for help: want to play GM of your favorite team? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Looking for help: want to play GM of your favorite team?

will we be using this forum to communicate with each other?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

I believe that is the case good sir
Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #67
Rookie

Good morning guys can't wait to get this on the road contact me in a PM or on here if you got someone from the colts your interested in.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #68
Rookie

Rumor Mill: Kansas City Chiefs General Manager Ryan Strange says he would like to gain more draft picks for this April. "I think we have some studs in place to compete in the playoffs; however I think we need stronger depth throughout the roster in order to compete for a championship Strange said. We are willing to do what is needed to get stronger depth wise." Strange later added.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #69
Banned

Alright guys, we're getting pretty close to starting, just waiting on email addresses from 3 more guys. I'm gonna go ahead and send out the initial emails though, and hope I can get the final 3 guys caught up later today.

Couple things. To keep this from getting too complicated, when making an offer to a player, I only want you to give a yearly number (INCLUDING BONUSES)

For example - instead of saying you want to offer player A $50 million over 5 years, just say $10 million/yr. for player A, instead of saying 6 years $27 million for player B, just say $4.5 million per year, etc etc. Since I am really only concerned about this one offseason and not holding a multi-year franchise or anything, I am only concerned about how much per year INCLUDING BONUSES you want to offer.

I will determine what team signs what player by a random generator. Basically think of names in a hat. The higher priority the free agent is for you, the more entries you will get into the "drawing". However, only the top 5 offers for a player will be eligible. You will prioritize your free agent targets each phase, and you can make up to ten offers. So if your offer is in the top 5 for your priority #1, you will get 10 entries plus another 1-5 entries depending on where your offer ranks. I know this sounds complicated, but here is an example.

Peyton Manning is the free agent.

Arizona prioritizes him #2 and offers $22 million/yr.

Kansas City prioritizes him #3 and offers $18.25 million/yr.

Miami prioritizes him #1 and offers $19 million/yr.

NY Jets prioritize him #6 and offer $19.75 million/yr.

San Francisco prioritizes him #5 and offers $25 million/yr.

Seattle prioritizes him #4 and offers $23 million/yr.

Washington prioritizes him #1 and offers $20.5 million/yr.

The top 5 offers are from San Francisco, Seattle, Arizona, Washington, and NY Jets. In this example San Francisco will get 6 entries for having him #5 on their list. They will get another 5 entries for having the best offer. So 11 total. Seattle gets 7 entries for having him #4 on their list, and another 4 for having 2nd best offer - 11 total. Arizona gets 9 for having him as their #2, and another 3 for 3rd best offer - 12 total. Washington gets 10 for having him as their #1, and another 2 for 4th best offer - 12 total. And finally, NY Jets get 5 for having him #6, and another 1 for 5th best offer - 6 total. So here are the entries into the virtual "hat":

Arizona - 12
Washington - 12
San Francisco - 11
Seattle - 11
NY Jets - 6

Does that make sense to everyone? So not only does your offer matter but also where you prioritize each player.

Now to add another wrinkle to this, if you want to resign a player, you will automatically resign the player is your offer is one of the top 5. So if Indianapolis attempted to resign Manning for > $19.75 they would automatically resign him. If it wasn't in the top 5 offers, you will still get 5 entries (unless your offer was outrageously low). So, if Indianapolis offered Manning $18 million/yr in this example, then the entries would look like this -

Arizona - 12
Washington - 12
San Francisco - 11
Seattle - 11
NY Jets - 6
Indianapolis - 5

Does that all make sense? Phase 1 will be just making offers to your impending free agents, either yearly or using franchise tag. You can also make cuts to save cap room and put up players on your trading block. There will be explicit instructions in the Phase 1 email I send out today also, so please make sure to read all of those. It is a little complicated, but I am trying to make this as realistic as possible and true to life as to what NFL teams have to go through. Good luck guys. I'll be sending the first emails today. Thanks again for helping with this. At the end I'm going to release a report of all the signings as well as instructions on how to get these results imported into your Madden franchise, and will also simulate a full season with the results to see how all our teams do!

Last edited by ajimithing; 02-03-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #70
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

i'll be lookin forward to ur e-mail.....should be fun
Old 02-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #71
Rookie

As do i good sir As do i
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #72
Rookie

is there any possiblity this franchise goes beyond one year? i think if if works well you could continue for multiple years

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »