Home

No one wants to sign the DEFENSIVE MVP????!!!

This is a discussion on No one wants to sign the DEFENSIVE MVP????!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
No one wants to sign the DEFENSIVE MVP????!!!

This is strange. So in my franchise Sam Acho (OLB for the Cardinals) was defensive MVP. He had like 140 tackles and 17 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. At the end of the season, he didn't progress ONE SINGLE POINT. So, I said "screw this" and edited his attributes. I beefed him up from an 82 to a 93. I did this during off-season. So, anyway, the Free Agent signing period begins and NOBODY attempts to sign him. Mind you, he is the highest rated player in free agency, but there are other highly rated players like Justin Tuck who teams start to go after. I gave it a few minutes, but no one signed him. Then when the period was over, not one single team made him an offer. This must have something to do with me editing him, right? He didn't want a ton of money and he's still young. Weird, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
Rookie

LA NOIR's Arena

Re: No one wants to sign the DEFENSIVE MVP????!!!

wow i thought i was the only one with the curse of the ACHO.he always starts off year 1 quiet for me but in year 2 he goes on a lawrence taylor rampage.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Pro

And nobody wants to sign him. He doesnt even want a lot of money . But I tried to edit him and hit the X button, but I didn't realize that I was still on the free agent signing screen, so I wound up making him an offer. But then no one countered my offer, so I wound up signing him. I gotta free up some cap room and give him a big contract because I signed him for like nothing.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

He's signed in my franchise (Year 7). Wonder why the CPU teams didn't go after him in yours? I'm going to have to look up his stats in my franchise now. Acho. Oh, hey, I just faced him in the game I played last night.

I guess it was because you edited him, but, really, that's shouldn't matter, especially when you put him up at 93. Should make him MORE attractive. That's just weird.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
Rookie

rockbottom3's Arena

OVR: 6

I think editing gets rid of some traits, this may be the reason. Even though the OVR is high its not seeing the other stuff due to edit. I bet it clears up after the start of the season though so if you release him I bet he gets signed right away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
Pro

They fixed that glitch where editing a player removes their roles. But he didn't have a role, anyway. I was just trying to find out if anyone had heard of anything like this before. I'm going to go ahead and keep him and cut a few guys. I'll give him the big contract that a defensive MVP warrants. What do you guys think, maybe 6 years $55 million?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

There's a run on MLBs in my franchise - CPU teams just signed a couple *70* OVR guys (I had to sign a 74 myself, he was the best option of ALL LBs (the OLBs are in the 60s)

As far as defensive studs - Probably over 60 M for 6 yrs, imo. 55 M at 6 years is under $10 M per season. I would think a MVP caliber player on defense would command more than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »