Home

Your favorite should be a bust draftee

This is a discussion on Your favorite should be a bust draftee within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Your favorite should be a bust draftee

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
yea i looked threw all rosters of teams and FA pool and he was nowhere to be found i asked around after it happened and i got the response its because had F pot which i find odd.
thats odd that happend, iv had 3 F pot dline men on my roster for 6 years
Old 02-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Agreed. I always chuckle at the 50 spd WR and such. And the player you described is why OVR is pointless. He's effective "in spite of" a 60 ovr.
yep. recently drafted a 65 OVR WR (Issac Hopkins) with 97 SPD, 99 AGI, 95 ACC, 85 CTH, 90 CIT & 90 SPC... 65 OVR?!?!?! prob had to do with his 27 AWR.

EDIT: D potential

got him in the 7th and he has 41 rec & ONE drop so far in my online franchise.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGLoRD
yep. recently drafted a 65 OVR WR (Issac Hopkins) with 97 SPD, 99 AGI, 95 ACC, 85 CTH, 90 CIT & 90 SPC... 65 OVR?!?!?! prob had to do with his 27 AWR.

hate that madden did it that way make a WR with decent or great WR skills and then Smash his AWR to like what u said 27 AWR or Low i got a QB and he had every thing good threw passing accept his AWR witch was 24 so lame..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Yeah. I mean as long as you don't run him just at the sticks or on the boundary for a sideline/toe-tap catch, he's probably going to own. With those abilities, he doesn't NEED to go up anymore to be a killer slot WR at the minimum.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

65 overall in the 7th round isnt really a bust
Old 02-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabs2
And he had really low awareness, but I've found awareness to be a non factor with DE's. .

Actually it was discovered not long ago that awareness period is a non-factor for defensive players. It has no effect at all. Seriously. Play recognition actually serves as awareness for defensive players - which also explains why this was not noticed until recently (high awareness players often have high PRC).

Awareness has a massive effect on OVR, but it is only a filler attribute at the moment for gameplay, PRC is the defensive equivalent.

FYI, EA definitely knows about it and it seems possible they are trying to essentially create an different attribute for both sides of the ball that governs "awareness" but they haven't actually gone about changing the rating system yet - I'm guessing M13 or future gen because of the work involved.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #15
Rookie

The Steelers's Arena

OVR: 1

One time I drafted a CB in the 6th or 7th round. Had like C potential but he was clutch and got picks whenever i played with him despite having a 72 Overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »